I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thanks, Girlfriend!


This image is from Rock Star Hanna, but if you forget about the green or pink hair and all that glitter, she's actually a very lovely girl. I think she's one of the prettier Hanna's in the collection of Hanna's so I'm very glad that I have this set.  At first I thought about making an early Mother's Day card, but that made me start missing my own mother, so I quickly changed my mind and went with a thank you card for a friend. You can never have too many of those!


I wanted something bright and cheery, so I reached for SU!'s Raspberry Tart DSP, with the different shades of bright red, pink and green. Then I used the ginormous Pink Pirouette grosgrain ribbon (SU!) that I forgot I had hidden in the garage (ugh!). Now, I did have my Nestabilities and Top Note Sizzix die handy, so I used those to cut pieces of coordinating paper.

Okay... last week, I splurged and went crazy shopping at different online stores. Today when my daughter came home from school, the first thing she said was: Mom, more packages (notice it's plural) for you again! All I said was: oh, goody!! Well, I'll pay for it later. Anyway, I found the stick pin that I put on top of the ribbon tie with the antiquish pearls at one of the shops. It's from Maya Rd. and I never thought I would love their merchandise, but they're really cute! I bought another package of Maya Rd. stick pin which I'll use on another project.

Well, thanks for stopping by and reading my chatter, if you even made it this far.  Have a wonderful, blessed day!

4 comments:

Norine said...

what a sweet card love the fun colors
Hugs
Norine

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh I love these colors and the shapes you used. Beautiful card!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun card, the colors are very vibrant, love them...that is one of my favorite color combinations.

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card Adela! Love the colours!! xx