The last couple of days I have been playing with my Big Shot and today my new Button die came, so I wanted to try it out... on felt (you can see the pictures of them below). While I was at it, I decided to cut some swirls out of felt, too and use it to decorate the card I was working on. This card was actually very easy to make. Oh, I almost forgot, I wasn't sure if I wanted to make this a birthday card or an all occasion, so I left out the sentiment for now.
To make the black borders: When using the border punch, keep the sides and bottom intact. Notice I didn't punch completely from one end to the other? By keeping the little strip on both ends, it holds the 1/4" strip in place.
The other supplies I used for this card are: flower from Pretties Kit, Gray Fabric Button, Pink Flamingo DSP, 1/8" Satin Ribbon.
Well that's it for now. Have a wonderful Thursday and thank you for stopping by!





5 comments:
These look great and I love your card to Adela!
Vicki
Great card Adela. Thanks for the tip about punching the borders. I love the felt embellishments you. I've been looking for some and can't find what I want. Maybe I'll just die cut them myself. Have a great day!
Hi This is Marg from Ontario Canada
I have tried the felt with the Big shot as well, and at first did not cut worth a darn. But after practicing l found that if you run the die back and forth through machine a couple of times, it does cut thin felt very well. Just a small tip for you
Hi Marg from Ontario, the felt that didn't work for me ripped, or shredded, so the stiff felt was so much better to work with. I'm not sure which brand you used, but I got mine from Michaels.
ADELA, this is soooo pretty and soo fun! What a great idea. I LOVE the buttons!!! So glad you 'felt' like playing and making such a beautiful card:)
Post a Comment