I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Hey, Sunshine (where are you?)

The weather here in Southern California is a little gloomy right now and it's only 60º, but we did have some temperatures in the 80's a couple of days ago.  During our California winter "heat" wave, many of my online friends were battling snow storms and freezing temperatures. Well, this card is dedicated to all those people who are desperately looking for some sun.


Paper: White, Kraft, Sale-a-Bration DSP
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Copic Markers
Acc: Pretties Flower, 1" Circle, Small Corner Rounder and Small Oval Punches, Martha Stewart Border Punch, SU! Button, 5/8" SU! Grosgrain Ribbon, Twine, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals


The other day I made a birdhouse for the PCP 3D Tuesday Challenge and I couldn't believe how easy it was, especially with the templates that Susanna provided. It was so easy that I whipped this one up in no time! I just ran my pattern paper through my printer, cut, scored, folded and adhered the sides together. This one was a very simple design with just two smilies from the Today's Forecast stamp set (Molly Stamps) and a flower from the Pretties Kit, folded in half then in thirds, leaving a point where the center of the flower used to be. Cover that point with a small prima flower and attach to the house.

As you can see, only half of the roof is glued down.  The other half is left free to swing open and close to use as a favor box. Now how clever is that?!

Stamp: Today's Forecast (Molly Stamps)
Paper: White, Sale-a-Bration DP
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Copic Marker
Acc: Pretties Flower, Prima Flower, 1" Circle Punch, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals

Thanks for visiting and happy hump day!

Adela

7 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

How fun! I am totally wishing for some sun! :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gee, thanks for the sunshine, Adela! LOL I LOVE that bow on your card! And your birdhouse is very "tweet" too!

Norine said...

these are both awesome love the smiles
Hugs
Norine

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

ACK!!!! That card is adorable and the favor box / house is SWEET!!!!! I love these colors and they both made me feel a little warmer:) Thanks :)!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

That is soooo cute!

Denise said...

Very pretty, love those soft colors.

stampingtink said...

Too stinkin cute! Love the sun. Oh, it's gloomy and rainy here in Maine! Love the box and what a great idea. I'm going to try it!