I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Challenges: Shaken...Not Stirred

The movie is Goldfinger, the name is Bond, James Bond and his drink -- martini, shaken, not stirred. I've never watched that particular Bond movie, but that is the Saturday Cinema movie challenge for this week.  This is my card for that challenge. I decided to feature his famous drink of choice and since I didn't have a martini stamp or the sentiment, I decided to try "drawing" the glass with the olive using Photoshop Element. I was pretty happy with the outcome. It was my first time drawing a "stamp" image. After printing this out and coloring it with my Copics, I realized that the olive should probably have been "inside" the glass instead of sticking out of it. But that's ok, I kind of like the way it looks anyway.

Because it's Saturday Cinema's 25th challenge, Sankari, who hosts Saturday Cinema, is giving away some really yummy BLOG CANDY:

1. The chance to win Taylor's newest set: Branching Out
2. And also the chance to win the Prudence Paper Collection kit from Taylored Expressions!!!

Go to her BLOG for all the details and while you're there, check out her unbelievable card.

The layout and color I used for my card were from other challenges.  The layout is from the Mojo Monday Sketch #79. There are lots of samples and gorgeous inspiration on their blog, so make sure to go check it out. Here's a picture of the sketch.
For my colors, I decided to try the challenge using the Weekly Color Pick from Color Throwdown #35.  I recently discovered their blog and was very pleased with the great inspiration I found there. Plus, my talented friend, Tammy Hershberger, is one of their team members.

Well, I hope all of you are having a great weekend so far. Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Hey Adela, nice to see you name in the links on the Color Throwdown! This card is awesome, and goes so well with Shawnie's challenge, too! Your coloring is fantastic... will I be able to do that too, after certification? LOL Thanks for playing the Throwdown!!! :)

Katie Cotton said...

i love this!!!! Great job!

dpkennedy said...

Pretty card! Love the sentiment and the adorable trim! Thanks so much for playing the CTD!

Kim said...

Adela this is awesome! OMG I think you have a new job....making digi stamps! WOW that martini glass is AWESOME!!! You did a perfect job! Love it!!!! Have a great Sunday!
Hugs~ Kim

Sparkplug17 said...

Wow, you did great making that image! It's a lovely card.

Anonymous said...

Love this card! Great job! TFS! =)

zukesgirl said...

LOVE the inspiration!
Beautiful card!

Sankari W. said...

Adela-my-Adela!!! This is beautiful!! I was so psyched that you played along this week!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAY - that's me doing the happy dance - and now i am shaken and stirred dizzy over here :) YAYAYAYYAYA!

Okay - I am with Kim you totally should be making digi stamps - love love the martini (and the olive is awesome!!!) and your new name is Queen of Copics!! LOVE everything about the card - the trim, the colors (you really know how to throw some colors down!!!)

Awesome! Thanks for the shout out Adela (sorry for the late night bedtime - you could have called - I was still up!) sending you and your family lots of love!!!

xoxoxoxo!
Sankari :)

Traveling Mama said...

How perfect is this?! Love it!!

wendyp said...

Wow!!! Adela, this ROCKS! That digi stamp is awesome!

Barbara said...

What a great card!!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you next time!

Monica Hunter said...

I LOVE this! The colors are great, and of course the images perfect for a Bond ... James Bond ... theme! :)

Carol Dunstan said...

great to see someone went the martini! Fabulous card, wonderful colours

LeAnne said...

Wow, Adela, three challenges in one! Woohoo! Thanks for playing along with us this week!
LeAnne