I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

3D Tuesday: Candy Wreath and Candy for a Cause


It's 3D Tuesday at Paper Craft Planet and this week's host is my talented friend, Sankari of Cinema Saturday. If you don't know about Cinema Saturday, you've gotta try it! It's a fun challenge especially if you love movies -- and even if you don't.  


So, here is the challenge: In honor of spring (which was official last Friday) make a wreath with things lying around your house like paper plate for your base, yarn, flowers (punched out from circle punches, flower punches, Primas, ribbons, etc. You get the idea... you can go all out with this challenge! All you have to do is to create a wreath and upload it to Paper Craft Planet with the keyword 3d5.

People who know me well know that I LOVE chocolate. When I found out what the challenge was, of course I had to incorporate it somehow. Here's a close up of what's on the wreath. Can you see the little See's chocolate bites? Who needs a candy dish when you can just pick your candy off a plant -- I mean, wall decoration!  I cut out the inside portion of a Styrofoam plate with a craft knife and used dimensionals and mini glue dots to keep the flowers and candies in place. A very simple and easy project to make.  So, get those paper plates out and make something to show off this spring. I can't wait to see your creations! 

Check This Out
My fellow Papercraft Planet Super Nova, Jen Tapler, is hosting a challenge on her blog with over $250 worth of BLOG CANDY up for grabs. You can read all the details HERE on Jen's blog. Jen's father has Alzheimer's disease and by participating in her challenge, you will be helping benefit the Alzheimer's Association. All you have to do is create a card, post a photo of it with a link back to Jen's challenge, and then mail Jen the card. In May, to kick off her Annual Stamp Out Alzheimer's Event, Jen will be hosting a charity auction where she will be auctioning off decorated Card Organizer tins full of all of our handcrafted cards. The money from those auctions will go directly to the Alzheimer's Association. This is such an important and worthwhile cause and I know how passionate Jen is about this charity. I hope you will join me.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by!
Adela

2 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

This is so pretty! And the candy sounds yummy!

Kim said...

Adela what a fabulous wreath! I LOVE how you incorporated the chocolate! That's is adorable...and my idea of a wreath too! :)
Hugs~ Kim