I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Monday, March 16, 2009

Cuppie Challenge



This 5x5 card is for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge #59 (TECC59). When I started this card, I was feeling normal -- okay, "normal" to me is having a regular headache and not a migraine. But by the time I was gluing the main pieces together, I started to feel queasy, dizzy... you name it, but I was determined to finish this card. So, I grabbed some embellishments and tried to finish as quickly as I could. (Now that I'm looking at the picture of it, the button in the middle of the flower looks like a peppermint LifeSaver. I should have put something else in the middle instead of the Dew Drop.)

This week Taylor will be giving away a free Tiny Twinkle to one random winner from among all the people who upload their sketch challenge cards to Paper Craft Planet using the TECC59 keyword.  Pretty cool, huh?

Stamp: Sweet Celebrations (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Sweet Always DSP (SU!)
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Copic Markers, At You Spica
Acc: Button (Making Memories), Dew Drops, Nestabilities, 5/8" Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/8" White Satin Ribbon, Beads, Prima Flower, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

Well, I'm off to bed... maybe this "bug" that's "bugging" me will go away.  Wow, I'm actually going to be in bed before midnight!

Adela

11 comments:

Candy said...

Hi Adela,
I have been looking at all of your recent posts - just haven't made a comment for a while. I
am sorry about your head and hope it isn't going to develope into a full blown migraine!!! On the other hand don't want you to have caught a bug either!!!
I am having a lot of trouble with Blogspot - it hasn't worked for me for over 2 weeks now - I have no idea why - they say they have a problem there -but others are able to log on and blog :o(
I love your sweet card! The button does kind of look like a life saver, but don't you think that is OK on a birthday card with a cupcake?? I thought you had put it there on purpose! LOL

Kafran said...

bonjour,,,j'aime beaucoup tes cartes, elles sont jolie et tres vivante...Merci..Bonne journée

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OK, first of all .. I WISH I could help you with your migraines :( It breaks my heart that you are in pain. My sister gets migraines but zomig? helps hers and they are spread out between a week or 2, I do wish a Dr could find you some relief!!! I am praying for you.

I wanted to do this challenge this weekend! I started a card ((my last post)) but it did not end up being the sketch at all :) That happens to me often! :) And lucky for you my favorite candy at church was always those peppermint lifesavers ... so that makes this card extra yummy to me!!! No, I did not see that at all until you brought it to my attn. I still dont think it does. I love the colors, that cute cupcake image, your flower ... it is precious! I hope you are feeling better this morning. HUGS to you my sweet friend!

Norine said...

think it looks great funny it does look like a life saver but really like it Hope the headache goes away
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

Well I certainly hope you're feeling much better by now. I'm amazed you could create this beauty while you were in such pain and discomfort. I like the dew drop - please don't change it. If you still think the button looks like a life saver, you might consider changing the color of the button or coloring it pink or bright yellow - but leave the dew drop.

Debbie Corbari said...

Hey girl! So sorry you're not feeling well...the bug going around is a royal pain in the a**! Hope you can kick it soon! With that said, for someone feeling queasy,dizzy etc you sure knocked this outta the park! You have got it goin' ON girl! Completely fabulous! And I like the dew drop in the middle of your flower!!!

FEEL BETTER SOON!

kjlowrey said...

Love the orange with this!

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is darling! I love the polkadot paper.

Donna Baker said...

sorry you're feeling bad!! Your card came out so cute, I love it!! here's what my glitter pen is-I used gold:
Sakura Stardust Pen

Kyoko said...

I hope you are feeling better! I just love the color scheme on you card. So cute!

Tracey said...

Oh, headaches stink. Hope you're feeling better soon. Love this card Adela! Adorable! xx