I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Need a Card Now, Mom

My daughter was invited to another birthday party and since none of the cards I had was "cool" enough for her 17 year old friend, I told her I'd made a quick one while she got ready for the party.  The first stamp I thought of was the iPod stamp from Stamping Bella. I've noticed from carpooling these girls that she doesn't wear bright colors much but she does wear quite a few florals, and my daughter told me she has a blue iPod.  So, this is what I came up with on such short notice.


I did the "partial embossing" with the Cuttlebug on the base card, used a border punch on the pattern paper for the lower part of the card, adhered it and added the coordinating ribbon. I stamped the image, colored it with Copic markers, frame it with another card stock behind it and adhered it to the card using dimensionals. I then stamped the sentiment, punched it out and adhered it to the card. Add embellishments and... Done! I think this card took me about 20 to 30 minutes to make. The longest part was deciding on the design.

That's it for today... an easy card.  Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

The Determined Scrapper said...

Really I wish I could consider that an easy card. I am sure once I do it more and more, it should not take me as long. Thanks for Sharing, lovely card.

Vicki G said...

Love that image, love your card!

Vicki

Katie Cotton said...

very fun!!!

Tracey said...

Love this card Adela! Gorgeous!!

Tracey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sparkplug17 said...

It's very hip! :) I love the blue with the floral paper.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fantastic! You're such a cool mom.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

ACK! I LOVE this! you know how I love my Bellas.. maybe it is a way to escape from turning 30 in a month or so, lol. I dont wonna!!! lol!!! Anyway ~ She ROCKS! I love the layout and the colors. I so want to make a card, I can taste it! It has been DAYS!!! imagine that. :)

Kim said...

You are a super mom! :) What a fabulous card you made on short notice!!!! No way I would have been able to get something done that fast! You rock!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Denise said...

Beautiful! I bet that will be the best card she recieves.