I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

In the Chapel with Hanna - Part 2

This image of Hanna is part of the For the Soul stamp set, which will be released on Friday, October 3rd. She just looks so peaceful. The chapel window is also from the set and I wanted to do something special with it. I wanted to make it look like the stained glass windows of the churches that I've attended. After a few experiments, I think I've achieved it. I have a tutorial on how I made this window.

This card is also a double challenge card. The layout is from Poetic Artistry (Mojo55 on SCS) and the color scheme is from today's Color Challenge on SCS (CC186), which was to use Really Rust, Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze.

Remember, this week is still Hanna Stamps' HANNAVERSARY!! There are challenges everyday on the Hanna forum and when you participate, you are eligible to win prizes!!!

Since I have to get my daughter from school, I'll just give you the techniques on this card instead of all the detailed recipe:

I sewed on the Patterned Paper
Hanna's skirt is Paper Pieced
The Window is embossed and colored with Copics (see tutorial on last post)

Ummm, I think that's about it for techniques. Thanks again for visiting!!!

36 comments:

Monica said...

I love how you made that stained glass window!! Gorgeous card! Loving all the sneak peaks!!

Tracey said...

I love this card! Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card - great (and easy) technique. I like that!! Peg F

Sue Strozyk said...

Beautiful!!! love the stained glass and the paper piecing on the dress.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Beautiful as always! I love the colors and the beautiful papers you used. I also adore the paper piecing. It reminds me of my sister :)

Bev J. said...

How pretty-great window you created. tfs

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Wonderful card! The stained glass window makes it! thanks for posting the tutorial!

n8tvtexan said...

Gorgeous! You did a wonderful job on the stained glass.

Kristie W. said...

Gorgeous! You did a wonderful job with the window!

(tinxmagic) Laura said...

LOVE the card you made with this new Hanna... she is so angelic! AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE love your snowbunny hanna card... she is awesome!!! absolutely amazing!!! I live in Colorado.... great for skiing and this will be great for my skiing friends.

kjlowrey said...

ok - the more I see, themore it's going in my shopping cart! Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Love the stained glass window and thanks for the tutorial!

cathy said...

Your card is beautiful!

Maria said...

Very Pretty!

slbt17 said...

love the colors - you have inspired me to branch out!
Sandra

Jennifer E. said...

Awesome job with that Stained glass window! It looks so real! Love the colors on this card too!

Heidi said...

so sweet- and congrats to kristi- one year flies! And yummy candy too! Heidi

Rebeccah Kuhne said...

Great card and I love how you did the window!

Barbara DeBose said...

this is very pretty!

scrappintlc said...

Beautiful card, love the stained glass window. Thank you for sharing the tutorial.

Anonymous said...

What I beautiful card. I love the stained glass window. Cheryl L.

Priscilla said...

What a nice card. I love the way the window came out, looks great!

Priscilla

Shannon Roberts said...

Luv the stain glass & Luv the paper piercing!!!

CountessLaurie said...

Happy Hannaversary :-)

Kimberly said...

Your stained glass is perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

The stained glass window is so cool!

JessicaK said...

I really liked the embossed background and the teal/burgundy color scheme.

inkedx2 said...

Loved your stained glass technique tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

Robbie

Annelies said...

Beautiful card! Nice colours! Greetings from Belgium, Annelies

Rita said...

Beautiful card, I love what you did with the stain glass window!

Callie said...

I am loving that stained glass window!! Way too cute! Thanks for sharing!! I love Hanna stamps. I love them all, but by far Riley is my absolute favorite!!

Javablustamper said...

I love this card!! Especially the window, but, the coloring is AWESOME!!

Stefani said...

This set is very nice. Thanks for sharing your talent.
~Stefani

Carri D said...

The stained glass window turned out great!

Unknown said...

Great card and so neat with the stain glass window

Billie
scs myboys

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful card! The flowers are the perfect accent. Thanks for playing my challenge! :)