I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Friday, September 12, 2008

Just Deal With It!

I just love this sentiment from Hanna Stamps, "Just What I Meant to Say" stamp set! And how can you resist Knitting Sophie with her yarn wrapped around her antlers? Hilarious! So, naturally, this called for a funny card. And wouldn't you know... over at OCC, they're having a Laugh It Up challenge, which was to make a funny birthday card. And being that it's Friday, it's also Hanna Stamps' Weekly Friday Challenge. So, check out these sites and why not try them yourself?

If you're tring to find the sentiment "about your birthday" that I have on this card, I actually took the words from two different stamps from "A Little Bird Told Me" set. And, considering that Sophie is knitting, I grabbed my crochet thread (I was too lazy to look for my bag of yarns) and wrapped it around the top layer of the card in place of the usual ribbon.

Stamp: Knitting Sophie G, Just What I Meant to Say, A Little Bird Told Me (SU)
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, DSP (SU)
Ink: Espresso (Adirondack), Old Olive SU Marker, Copic Markers
Acc: Rhinestone Brads, Dauber (SU), Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder (Provo Craft), Prima Flowers, Dew Drops (Robin's Nest), White Crochet Thread, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Vicki G said...

How cute is that!!!! Simply adorable!

Vicki

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

thats great! too funny!! :) It did make me giggle :o)!!! My sis knits .. I wish I had thought of something like that for her birthday:) lol!!
Hope you are well ~ just wanted to say I have missed ya;)!!