One of my sweetest friends is having a birthday in a couple of days and I wanted to make a stationery set for her. These elegant 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" note cards are flat, do not fold and are very simple to make.
Cut the base card stock 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" -- here I used Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette.
Cut 8 pieces of 4" x 5-1/4" white card stock.
Cut 8 pieces of 5-1/4" x 1-1/2" Bella Rose DSP and trim one of the long edges with a scallop edge punch. For this project I used Fiskar. Glue this onto the upper center of the white card stock. Now, glue entire piece to the card stock base.
With Riding Hood Red ink, stamp an initial then a border around the initial onto white card stock. These stamps are from Papertrey Ink. Punch out with the 1-1/4" circle punch and attach to the top center.
That's basically it! Just add 8 envelopes and tie a twine or hemp around the whole set. Next, I placed it inside a clear box (also from PTI) and added it to a basket of goodies that I had prepared for her.
At the last minute, I made a very fast gift frame from the clear frame I bought from PTI several months ago. I simply traced the frame onto a piece of Riding Hood Red card stock and also onto a coordinating designer paper from the Bella Rose collection. Then, glue the two sheets together, remove the protective sheet from the frame, and attach the self-adhesive frame to the designer paper. I then wrapped it in a clear bag and tied it with a bow and prima.I didn't take a picture of the whole "gift bag" which I should have! It's actually like a luggage but covered with pretty paper. When the lid is closed, it has a latch and handle.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Sunday!
Sunday, September 07, 2008
Note Cards for my Friend "J"
at
3:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Adela: Rats......We missed my birthday in July!@#$%^&*
Love your gift for your friend-How lucky she is to have a friend like you. She's going to LOVE IT. Kadie
This is just GORGEOUS!
You're such a sweetie!
that is what I was thinking! How gorgeous!!! So sweet and personal too. you are a great friend :o) I know she will love it!
What a darling gift set!! I'm sure she will LOVE this!! I would!! :) TFS!
Beautiful giftset, Adela! I love the colors and the lace! Have a great week!
This giftset ROCKS ! Have to keep this in mind !
These are beautiful!
Post a Comment