Making these two cards was easy... all you have to do was flip the layout! These cards were from today's Flip Challenge #4 from Paper Pleasing Ideas and also from the Color Inspiration Challenge #23 from KwernerDesignBlog, so I really didn't have to do too much thinking for these cards. I like that!For this card, I used the "rock and roll" technique on the flower. I first covered the stem and leaves with tape, then I proceeded to stamp the flower portion of the stamp on So Saffron. After that's well coated, touch only the outer edge of the flower on the Bravo Burgundy ink pad with a swirling back and forth movement of your wrist. Remove the tape from the stem and leaves, huff on the rubber stamp, and stamp the flower image onto Whisper White card stock. You can probably see from these pictures how well the two colors blended so well together. I made the flower 3-D by cutting it out and also clipping between the petals and curling them a bit. Then I used dimensionals to adhere it to the front of the card with one already stamped with the stem included.
I made two of these same cards, but by flipping the layout, I now have two different cards. Pretty neat!
Stamp: True Friend, Thoroughly Thoughtful
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Bali Breeze DSP
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron, Old Olive
Acc: Choc Chip Satin Ribbon, Oval Punch, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Slot Punch, Linen Thread, Heart Charm, Cuttlebug Folder
Thanks for visiting!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Fall Cards - True Friend
at
2:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
I absolutly love your cards. You're amazing. Great work!
WOW!! These are both beautiful cards. TFS
saw your card on Beate's yahoo group and had to check out your blog. I love your work and this is simply gorgeous!!
Thanks for sharing.
Deanne
xx
ps: I love all the creations before this one too (that you post on Beate's group) but this is my first visit to your blog. Keep up the great work!!
D.
xx
These are just amazing!!! i love the flower, the way you attached the ribbon .. the layout .. EVERYTHING!!! you never cease to amaze me. Always something wonderful when I visit your blog!
oh my goodness this is a winner! ~Donna
How pretty and UNIQUE. They're really eye catching!
These are stunning! I am in awe!
Hugs~ Kim
Post a Comment