It's Day Three of Hanna Stamps' sneak peek week. That means tomorrow is the BIG PAR-TAY! It's not too late to participate in some of our challenges over at the Hanna SCS forum and get your name included in the draw for prizes. As a matter of fact, this little card is for yesterday's Challenge, which was to use two or more embellishments. This fuzzy bear is from the new Vintage Toys stamp set, another new Hanna Stamps set being released tomorrow at midnight. My embellishments here? Ribbons, brads and buttons.
I did another experiment yesterday. I needed to do something special about this bear. I remembered that I recently bought some felt and wondered what would happen if I stamped the bear on felt. I tried stamping with my Pitch Black Adirondack and it worked great, as long as you let it dry naturally (don't heat set or the fabric burns or gets stiff and rough -- believe me). Next, I colored it in with my Copics, glued it to a piece of cardstock, and cut around the edges. And that's my Fuzzy Wuzzy. I wasn't sure which sentiment to use, so I left it blank for now.
The card was made with the Big Shot die by folding the cardstock in half before running it through the machine. I then ran 3/4 of the patterned paper (Crate Paper) through the machine and trimmed the edge with a border punch. Glue at the bottom and at the bottom sides. Attach the upper sides with brads that are first put through small buttons. Now, push brad through all layers, including the ribbon.
Thanks again for stopping by and don't forget to leave a comment if you want to be one of the lucky winners.
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Day 3 - Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear
at
1:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





52 comments:
I love how you made the bear fuzzy! What a cute addition!
OMGosh! Flash back from the past. I just love your adorable FUZZY WUZZY Bear. This is just adorable. Thanks
How fun and what a neat idea!!
i love your little bear and the pocket you put him in .. like his own little bed:) SO sweet!!! I love the style of this card
Wow, I love the little bear and the card. How cute.
what a great idea! thanks for sharing - love the pocket it is so elegant
Sandra
Love the card but now you made me want that Big Shot!!!! Thanks...but my DH won't! LOL
Adorable!!!!!
Cute project!! I love that fuzzy bear. (But now I won't be able to get that nursery rhyme out of my head ... lol)
Well he is absolutely adorable! He truely looks like a vintage bear! The felt was a great idea.
I also love the way you used the bog shot die and the edging to look like lace! Great ideas! TFS
What an adorable little bear! Since I just bought a Big Kick, I may have to get that card die, too!
I really like how you did the pocket for this. Totally cool. :)
Aww so cute...
I really like this card Adela - the patterned paper pocket, the shape and embellishments. The bear is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
What a clever thing you are! What a great idea -- all of it! Thanks for sharing -- and fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, fuzzy wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy wuz he? :)
What a cute card - love what you did with the Teddy
What a great and super cute idea!
Great job, I love this little felt bear, who would have though? Love it!
You just want to take that teddy home. So cute.
love the vintage look. Heidi
Awwww, that's so cool! It looks like you just shrunk an actual teddy bear. Great job!
So cute.. I love bears but don't own one stamp of a bear!!
Wow, how cool!!! very Vintage-ish
what a fantastic card, sooooooooooooooo cute!
Beautiful! It perfectly captures vintage and trendy at the same time.
Cute card.
Robbie
Very nice! Greetings from Belgium, Annelies
Wowza, what a fabulous & fun idea! How clever!
Love your fuzzy wuzzy bear!
awwwww!
Love the fuzzy bear! Brings back memories of my first teddy.
HOW ADORABLE!!
I love how the card is made from the big shot! Really good inspiration! Thanks!
What a lovely idea...I have lots of felt and Fuzzy Wuzzy is soooo adorable!
Ooh, I love that bracket card shape!! Very cool! Great card! Thank you for the chance to win!
just the cutest fuzzy bear ever
I love the little bear, how cute!!! Great idea with the Big Shot die!!!! Have a great night and thanks!
How cute! now I gotta get some felt! Thanks for the idea.
So creative. Love it.
that fuzzy wuzzy bear on felt is just perfect!!
Too cute!!! I love teh bear and also the shape of the card! Fab-o- Job Adela!!!
Love the new stamps
Jacqueline
http://www.sparklescharmsandbows.blogspot.com
Fuzzy=cute! Thanks for sharing.
Very cute, clever too. I really like the cards being made with the Big Shot!
Fun card! I enjoy checking out your blog! TFS gslagle@nctc.net
What a cute little bear. Can't wait to see the whole set.
~Stefani
I love what you came up with. The bear is so cute.
OHHH! I love the fuzzy wuzzy bear!! great job.
Great idea stamping this Vintage Teddy of actual felt :) It looks so snuggly and warm ~~ Brilliant idea!
Can't wait to see the rest of the Hanna Stamps being released later this week!
OK, now I really, really, really need to get this set...and some felt...mmmm just gorgeous!
cute ! love the fuzzy bear. felt huh? have to dig out my stash and give this a try
What a super sweet, soft card!!!!!!!
Post a Comment