Another Christmas card done! If I keep going at this rate, I'll only have enough cards for my family, maybe... At the last family Christmas gathering, I believe there were over 60 family members there. So, maybe I won't have enough.
This is my version of "modern vintage," if there is such a thing. I wanted to incorporate a little bit of that feeling into this card. I love glass beads, but if it weren't for those, this card would be quite easy to make. For the square sentiment, I used a stamp from Punches Three and stamped it twice onto the glossy side of the cardboard backing from any SU Designer Series Paper packaging. It takes time for the ink to dry, so be very careful not to smudge it. While the ink is still wet, sprinkle some Clear Embossing Powder on top of one of the stamped image, shake the rest back into the jar and heat emboss the powder until it melts. Punch out image with the Square Scallop Punch. Now you have a "chipboard" label for the front of the card. For the second image, trim the center of image only. This will be adhered on top of the other one just punched out using dimensionals. (I save these cardboard backings all the time. You never know when it will come in handy.)
For the beads, I strung whatever beads I had at home that matched on a clear string (like thin fishing line). Tie one end with a knot and put about 3-4 small beads and attach it to the label on each side. I pierced the label with my paper piercer and just tied it secure.
For behind the ribbon, I used a scallop border punch along both sides of a piece of Vellum paper about 1-1/2" high and the width of the card. I crimped the top and bottom ends a little to give it some character. I also tore the DSP all the way around. The paper is SU DSP Ski Slope and Very Vanilla. Ribbon is SU Beach Front, 1" Ivory Organdy and Vanilla Taffeta. Ink is Baja Breeze.
Well, have a happy Wednesday and thanks for dropping by!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Beaded Blue Christmas
at
1:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Adela... these colors and the beads ... I mwan.. WOW! what a stunning card!modern vintage is a perfect description!
this card is simply gorgeous!
Post a Comment