I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Two Christmas Cards and an Angel


Meet Angel, our 9 year old Shiba Inu. Did you know that Shiba Inus are one of the only types of dogs (if not "the only" dog) that can smile? Their pointy ears will go down flat, their eyes will slant almost shut and the corners of their mouths turn up. It's so cute! My girls taught our Angel to model a couple of years ago and she is so good at it. She'll sit or stand still no matter what they put on her. One afternoon, they had a photo shoot where they had her trying on several pairs of sunglasses and hats. Poor dog was even given a Halloween mask to wear (a dog mask!). Anyway... I thought I'd take a picture of the new Christmas card I made and have her pose right next to it. I told her not to move so the card wouldn't fall over, and she didn't move at all until I was done!

This card was made using a coluzzle to cut a 4-1/2" circle card. To do that, fold the card stock in half and place the coluzzle so that an inch of the fold is left uncut. Next, I used my Nesties to cut the scallop circle and regular circle, which I attached to the center with dimensionals. This is done after stamping the sentiment. Then I used my new toy -- a leaf (or branch) punch from Martha Stewart! Love it! I punched several of the DSP (which had a light olive on one side and a darker one on the other side), squeezed some glue onto a piece of scrap paper and began dipping the back side of the leaves -- a tiny dot will do -- and then attaching the leaves around the scalloped center, overlapping and alternating the shades as you go along. Attach the ribbon across the card with sticky strip on each end. Tie another ribbon around the card fold and tie a bow. Add embellishments and you have another Christmas card done!

Stamp: Holidays and Wishes
Paper: Very Vanilla, Bali Breeze DSP
Ink: Old Olive
Acc: Sponge, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Little Felt Flurries, Mini Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, Dew Drops, Martha Stewart Punch

Here's another version using using Wish It DSP, Rose Red and Pink Pirouette card stock with the Pretties Kit half pearls. Wow! Two Christmas cards to add to my growing collection!

Until next time... call someone you haven't talked to in a long time (they'll be wondering what you're up to).

5 comments:

Jana said...

Cute cards!! Cute dog too!!

Vicki G said...

Love your round cards! pretty!

Vicki

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Aww! I love angel! How sweet!

your Christmas cards are beautiful! I need to get started on mine. I am such a procrastinator though.. sigh..

Yesterday's Tomorrow said...

I LOVE these round cards!!!

Lisa T said...

Love the round cards! Angel is adorable. :-)