Did you know that the first celebration of the New Year was first observed in ancient Babylon about 4000 years ago? The Babylonian New Year began with the first New Moon, which was the first day of spring. The Romans continued to celebrate the New Year in late March, but soon their calendar became out of sync with the sun. So, in order to set the calendar right, in 153 BC, they declared January 1 to be the beginning of the New Year.
Looking back to the last 364 days, I have to say that I've been blessed in so many ways. Because of this blogging world, I have found fabulous new "friends" and one day soon I hope to meet them all, or at least most of them. Not only have I made new friends (my daughter calls them my "virtual friends"), but I was fortunate enough to be asked to join three design teams this year. Thank you Kristi, Russ and Susanna.
Above is my last card of the year. It's a simple Happy New Year card made with silver metallic paper from SU! and patterned paper from Autumn Leaves, which I cut using the Sizzix die. I decorated the hat pin by placing it through beads that I found in my stash. Then, I added some Dew Drops, Taffeta Ribbon and the sentiment (from SU!). Oh, I forgot to mention, the card is 4" x 4".
Well, as I write this last post of 2008, I want to thank all of you for making this year a special one for me and I wish for you a happy, prosperous and pain-free 2009.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
So Long 2008...
HAPPY 2009 TO ALL MY FRIENDS!
at
1:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
Adela: Thank you for your FUN PACKED blog! You have inspired me countless times with your creative spirit. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year and looking forward to an amazing 2009! Kadie Labadie
This card is fantastic Adela!!
Happy New Year to you!!
I too enjoy your blog soooo much... but more than that... getting to know you and sharing things with you. This card is so elegant. Hope you and yours have a happy and safe new year!
I love the card and everything you said about this past year. It has been an amazing year and I can't wait to see what the new year brings for all of us. Hope you and yours has a very safe and Happy New Year!
Happy New Year Adela!
May you get more invitations for design companies in 2009.
You do great work and I have enjoyed your blog so much.
Absolutely gorgeous, Adela! Love the colors and stick pin. Hope you have a wonderful new year!
this card is really hip, very cool!
stunningly beautiful!
love your card the colors are great love everything about it
Hugs
Norine
Happy New Year Adela! Looking forward to visiting your blog more often this year! This card is so elegant!
Post a Comment