I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bag It - Tutorial



Supply
Big Notes Die
2 Pink Pirouette Cardstock cut with Big Notes
**Optional: Cuttlebug the CS before cutting
1 Pink Pirouette 3-3/4" x 1"
1 DSP (Ski Slope) cut with Big Notes
Cellophane Bag 6" x 4"
Twine
4 Jumbo Eyelets and Crop-a-Dile
Sticky Strip
Mini Glue Dots
Embellishment of choice (I used Felt Flurries, Rhinestone Brad, Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Button, Silver Cord, White CS, Small Lable Punch-modified by trimming the sides, All Holidays Stamp Set-SU!)

Trim the DSP 2" from each end and adhere one end to each of the Pink Big Notes piece on the wrong side. Score 3/4" from edge and fold the DSP over to the right side of the Pink.

Score the bottom of each Big Notes pieces about 1" from the bottom and fold towards the wrong side.








Place the strip of 3-3/4" x 1" pink cs on your work surface, adhere both of the folded bottoms of the pink Big Notes onto the strip of cs.








Use it as a guide and do not go past the edges of the strip.








Take the cellophane bag and pinch the bottom corners as shown in the picture. Fold the "dog ears" towards the center of the bottom for the bag and secure with a mini glue dot.







To make it easier to shape the bottom, I insert my glue bottle into the bag. Set bag aside.







Place Sticky Strips where indicated in the photo. Peel the middle two strips (the two long ones) and place the bottom of the cellophane on top of the Sticky Strips. Push down with the bottle of glue. Bring the sides up.



Fold down to the side the excess length of the bag until it meets the top edge of the cs sides. Peel of the two Sticky Strips that are left and adhere the sides of the bag to it. The bag should be formed now.

Now you're ready to add the brads. Simply place them in the four corners of the top through all thicknesses including the cellophane. Next, run the twine through the brad holes and tie inside the bag.

I'd love to see how you decorate yours! Send me a photo if you can.



This Saturday I will be hosting the sketch challenge on Paper Craft Planet. So come join me over there. Just look for the sketch on the main page under "photo." Thanks again for your visit! See you later.

5 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

super cute! I love it!

Mary Jane said...

Thanks for the tutorial Adela! I've been looking for the flat bottomed cellophane bags and could only find the ones with a seam right on the bottom. Now I know how to turn the ones I have into the ones I need.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OooOOOo YAY!!! I love this bag!!! It is beautiful~ I hope to be able to make on one day! Cant wait to see your PCP sketch!

Sheene said...

i was looking for great bag tutorials online just now and found yours really amazing! you have great tutorials!thanks.. im looking forward to see more..

kellyjean said...

A... del... a! THis is fabulous! TFS!