Okay, I'm not a big Elton fan, but that song was stuck in my head while I was uploading these pictures. 
Last week I made two butterfly cards with this same set from Molly Stamps, only they were in black and white. I decided to go the other direction and fill in the clear spaces of the wings with bright colors! I used the same steps that I used with the black and white card... stamp the wings, from Wings on Things - Big, on a piece of acetate sheet with black StazOn, turn it over and color the clear spaces of the wings on the reverse side (I used Copic markers).
Note: if you color with Copics, you must color on the side that doesn't have the StazOn ink on it; otherwise, the StazOn ink will just dissolve.
After it's all colored, trim closely around the outer edge, but when you get to the middle section (the body), cut the shape of the butterfly's body. For the antennae, place a mini glue dot on the portion that is to be the "head of the butterfly," cut a piece of 1-1/2" red hemp, fold it in half and place the folded part on top of the glue dot. Secure it by placing a Dew Drop that already has a mini glue dot attached to it and place that on top of the hemp. Continue attaching Dew Drops along the "body" of the butterfly with mini glue dots. When done, flip the piece over and adhere a mini wooden clothes pin under the body. I used mini glue dots, but if you have something stronger, by all means, use it! Now you can clip it onto your plants to make it look pretty!
The Wings on Things sets are so awesome for creating cards and projects. And since there are two sizes, you have even more possibilities!
Thanks for stopping by!
Saturday, December 06, 2008
Butterflies Are Free To Fly...Fly Away
at
10:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
love it!!!!! And i'm so bummed i didnt get to finish your challenge yesterday. My card is half done, but the family wasnt cooperating enough for me to get it all done last night! :(
Adela, that is gorgeous! TFS
Beautiful!!!!
WOW!!! Stunning!
Wow! This butterfly is so pretty! Love it!
It's just beautiful! What a great idea for the wings! I'm working on a faerie and have fought with Vellum. This is stunning and I think perfect! Thanks for the tips about working with the copics.
Okay - now that is just showing off!!!
You are just tooooooo amazing ms. adela!!! love love love how you did this! its is just gorgeous!!!
hope you are feeling better!!! I went to see if you were up for a chat on the pcpdt - and it was undergoing maintenance!! whaaaa??? i started going through adela withdrawl! LOL!!!
sending you a ton of happy wishes and a slice of chocolate cake :)
hugzzzzzz,
Sankari :)
That’s amazing. It took couple of minutes to realize that it’s not a real butterfly. Working with copies is such great idea. How I didn’t thought of it before? Its genius! Now my life would be a lot easier with that. I’ll definitely try it. The problem is I rent out of creative ideas for working. My mind stops thinking. I guess I have creative block. Probably from stress, or something. I hope than it would fade away soon. Wish me luck!
Post a Comment