I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm Baa-ack


After a few days of being MIA, I finally have something to post today! I've been on vacation visiting family in Northern California for a week and even though I brought some stamping supplies with me, I just had too much fun with my family to find time to stamp!

This card was very easy to make. It's from Gina K's Heartfelt Hits 1 stamp set. I used Copic Markers to color the image and for the sparkling drinks, bubbles and bracelets, I used Stickles. It's a very cute set with lots of pieces. The papers I used were white, kraft and Vintage Violet. The sentiment was cut out with my Cricut. I also used the Cuttlebug for the upper portion of the card. The ribbon is white taffeta with two metal spacers (I ran out of ribbon and didn't have enough for a bow, so these took the place of that). Oh, I also used the Stickles around the sentiment to make it sparkle. That's pretty much it. This card took about 30 minutes to make.



During our Christmas vacation we spent most of our time in Placerville (between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe) where it actually snowed on Christmas... not much, but enough to get my girls excited, being from sunny Southern Cal. My girls and I visited my brother at the lodge up there where it was so peaceful and gorgeous! Here are a couple of pictures of them outside the lodge where he lives. The little girl is Bella, my brother's niece.




4 comments:

stampingtink said...

Great card! Love the idea of the spacers. Glad to hear you had a great time with your family. Enjoy the rest of theses glorious holidays and welcome back!

Katie Cotton said...

so glad youre back! :)

Candy said...

Happy New Year!
Looks like you all had fun in the snow at Christmas.
Like your card - you picked great stickle colours! LOVE the use of the spacers - very pretty.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh How Beautiful!!!

I love the snow pics too :) very fun!