I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Warm and Cozy Christmas!

Can this little girl and her snowman friend be any cuter? She reminds me so much of my friend's six year old daughter. The set also comes with a stamp of a little boy carrying a Christmas tree and that little boy looks just like her three year old brother. I guess I know which set to use for their Christmas card this year! The set is called Warm and Cozy Christmas from Gina K. Designs. This is the first time I've ever used a stamp set from Gina K., and I have to say that from the storage container to the great quality of the red rubber, I'm quite impressed! And her pure luxury paper and envelopes, wow! The name says it all.

Stamp: Warm and Cozy Christmas
Paper: White, Old Olive, Bashful Blue,Retired SU! Designer Paper
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Copic Markers
Acc: Old Olive Twill Ribbon, Fiskars Border Punch, Stickles, Piercing Tool and Mat, Dew Drops, SU! Filigree Brad, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Snowflake Cuttlebug Folder

Thanks to those of you who sent me emails wishing me well. Just a little update about my appointment yesterday with my new doctor... she tried a new treatment on me that I had never heard of before called Dry Needling. She basically inserted a needle about 1.5" to 2" deep into my neck and shoulder muscles. She did this about 20 times and of course I screamed and it didn't help that I get weak and scared when it comes to needles. It was so painful, but she said having pain shows she's at the right spot. Next month I'm scheduled for 35 more pokes but this time it's with a larger needle for Botox. I'm so traumatized right now and I feel like someone just whacked me in the neck and head with a bat full of thorns. I honestly would rather go through a migraine than to go through this again. Maybe I'll cancel the Botox appointment. Yes, I'm a big wimp when it comes to needles!

Have a fabulous weekend and don't forget to join me tomorrow at Paper Craft Planet where I will be hosting the "9th Day of Christmas" Challenge. Everyone who enters their creations will be entered to win a prize from Hanna Stamps! Very Cool Indeed!!!

8 comments:

Candy said...

Oh this is a sweet card. Love how you designed it and coloured it.
Don't give up your treatment until you see how you feel after a few days. Did the doctor say these treatments would help or get rid of your migraines? I sincerely hope you feel better very soon!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card! I hope you feel better soon!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card! I hope you feel better soon!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Card stuff in a minute .... Dr apt: AAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!! That hurts me reading it. OH MAN!!! That sounds horrible!!! I am a freak about needles too and I probably would not have gotten as far as you did with it. Hmm ... no, that just freaks me out. I can't say I would go again and have the next .. but if it would help you and your pain? What did these tests say they would show?? Is that the actual treatment?? :/ ... I will continue to pray for you and if that is what you need I will pray that God will put you at ease about it and take the fear and pain from you.

This card is ADORABLE!!! I have seen her stamps and have them on my wishy list of never to be able to get, but want, lol. WE all have those. Maybe one day. This card is just so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Adela: I can completely relate to what your going through with your Migraines-I totally feel for you. They have tried everything with my migraines and honestly I still suffer. Good Luck with Botox-that has helped others and hope that it will help you. Had to laugh (not at you of course) that you are scared of needles....and your a nurse.....too funny. But seriously I hope that by this weekend you are starting to feel better and can enjoy some of the weekend without pain. Best Wishes. Kadie

Unknown said...

Hi Kadie... I'm not a nurse, but that's what my parents had wanted me to be. I would faint every time I have to give someone an injection!!

Katie Cotton said...

love this card!!!! I so hope i can play in your challenge tomorrow - it's gonna be a crazy day but i'm gonna try!!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny AR, I thought this was a boy, so that is how I colored him...ha!
Hugs, and hope you are feeling better,
DianA