As that 70's song by Three Dog Night goes... the ink is black, the page is white, together we learn to read and write... if you're interested in listening to that song, you can hear it right here. Anyway, these two cards that I made today reminded me of that song.
The butterfly stamps I used on these cards are from Molly Stamps, Wings on Things Big and Wings on Things Small. First, I stamped the wings onto a sheet of acetate with StazOn ink then clipped them closely around the outer edge. Then I cut a piece of black hemp cord long enough to give the butterfly a body and antennas when folded. Adhere this between the wings using mini glue dots. Set aside. I cuttlebugged the white cardstock to give some texture to the plain card base and added organdy ribbon for elegance. Attach the completed butterfly to the card with mini glue dots. The sentiments are from Stampin' Up!
Did you notice the new Cuttlebug border folders? Love those! I used one of them on the small butterfly card.
READY FOR SOME CHRISTMAS MUSIC?
I am so proud of my brother, Art Mapa. He is a self taught guitarist, percussionist and a musical genius. (A sample of his Christmas CD is on my sidebar.) Ever since junior high, he has been playing around with the guitar and not long after that, started playing in local rock bands in San Francisco. But, it didn't take him long to realize that contemporary Christian music was his calling. For many years, he has dedicated his talent to the ministry of Christian music. Although he doesn't know how to read notes, he has produced and arranged many cd's! He, his wife (who has a beautiful voice, by the way) and their son were here for Thanksgiving and while they were here, he gave me a copy of his new Christmas CD, A Winter's Chill. I listened to it while I was making cards and I was so impressed! I sometimes forget how talented he is! He plays pretty much all the instruments you hear on there and he arranged it all, which still amazes me! His wife sings on some of the songs on his CD. She also sings full time with the gospel group Heritage and he produces and arranges their cd's.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I hope your holiday was just as happy as mine was. I miss my family already!!
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Black and White Wings
at
10:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Ok, I'm lovin' these cards! They are gorgeous!!!
Wow! What a small world. I have been a Heritage fan since I was a preteen. I first saw them perform in the early 70's in Bozeman, MT at a campmeeting. Val was just a young girl. In the late 70's I was her nephew Brian's teacher in the Walla Walla area. My kids grew up on the Heritage children's music. Will have to check out that CD!!
LOVE the cards! great job!
Fabulous cards! I love them, the butterflies are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Really striking cards Adela - simple yet elegant. Great job!
very cool about your brother! I'm sure he's very proud of you, too :)
Okay so I just LOVE your brother's song ...can you get it in any record store??
Hugs,
catherine
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com
catlevy@eastlink.ca
Post a Comment