I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanks and Thanks!

The first "Thanks" is a card. Very simple and very easy. Actually, the one thing that took the longest for me to do was getting the bow to look right. This card is one of those "5 Minute Cards" that I did a tutorial on several posts ago, but instead of embossing the top portion, I embossed the bottom part. When it came time to heat emboss the sentiment, I messed up badly... so, what to do? Cover it up, of course! I should've learned by now that I should just stamp directly onto a separate piece of paper so I wouldn't feel so bad if I make a mistake. Besides, it looks so much better framed and lifted off the paper with dimensionals. After that, all I had to do was add a piece of ribbon and charm that I already had and the card is done. Oh, the sentiments are from SU!'s Heartfelt Thanks and Fundamental Phrases.

Thank You, Heather!
Oh my! My friend, Heather awarded me the Arte y Pico Award. You can read more about the origin of this award by clicking on the link below, but from what I read (most was in Spanish and my Spanish goes as far as "gracias" and "nachos"), this award originated in Uruguay. Well, here are the rules:
(1) Select 5 blogs that you feel deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
(2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog.
(3) Each award winner (upon acceptance) should show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
(4) Link to the Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
(5) Show these rules.

I wish I can add a few more, but here are the five that I would like to nominate for this award:

Jen of JenTapler Designs
Sankari of Sankari's Sunshine Corner
Becky of the lakeshore stamper
Lori of Inking Aloud
Melanie of Hands, Head and Heart

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, thanks Adela!!! I basically suck at passing these things on, but I really will try to do this sometime this weekend!! Thank you so much!!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Your card is gorgeous. I love the bright red and the pop of white.

I am not sure about the award either .. lol. I tried to understand .. but I went with what everyone said it was and knew that your blog inspired me as well as so many others and just had to award you with it. :) Hugs!!! Have a beautiful weekend!

Anonymous said...

It's another beauty, Adela!
Love the wonderful woven ribbon/lace & charm!

Courtney said...

Oh what a simply beautiful card! Love the bow! (even though it frustrated you!!)