It's officially the biggest and busiest shopping day of the year, now that Thanksgiving is over. I'm hoping that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! I had a great time with two of my brothers and sisters visiting from out of town with with kids. I don't see them too often anymore, so this was very special to me!
Speaking of shopping... today, I'm hosting the Hanna Stamps Challenge and the theme I've chosen is to make a Holiday gift card holder. Here's my sample card. It has a flip top held on one side with a brad, and when flipped, it reveals a card inside the pocket. Below is a tutorial on how I made this gift card holder. Here's the link to the Hanna Stamps Challenge at SCS. Come on over and play along! Oh, before I forget, Hanna Stamps is having a Black Friday Sale today! Everything in the store is 25% off!!!
Paper: 5" x 5-1/2" DSP, 5" x 4" coordinating cardstock, paper and cardstock for stamped image and layers.
Dimensionals
Ribbon
Brad
Sticky Strip
Score and fold in half the DSP and cardstock. Put Sticky Strips on each side of the DSP, but leaving 3/4" below the top of the left edge.
Place the cardstock over the DSP so that it measures 3-3/4" tall. Punch a hole on the left side through all thickness.
Unfold the cardstock and align the DSP hole with the cardstock hole (see photo on left).
Adhere a dimensional above the DSP on the right side of the tape (see photo on left).
Optional: Before removing the liner from the Sticky Strip on the DSP, punch a hole in the middle of the top opening using the 1-3/8" circle punch.Seal the DSP closed.
Seal the cardstock closed.
Cut a strip of ribbon 12" long and wrap it around the cardstock like in the photo. Next, put a brad through the ribbon through the previously punched hole.
Now you're ready to decorate!
Here's a picture of the gift card holder opened. The great thing about this is that you'll never lose the cover!
Thank you for stopping by. It really makes my day when I hear from you, so drop me a line sometime! Have a great day!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Moosemas Gift Card Holder Tutorial
at
2:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
Love your card! Adorable! And I love, love, love that Riley stamp!! Tried to get it today but couldn't find it in the store. So sad for me!!
This is darling!!! What a fun gift card holder!!!
I am so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving too. :) Hugs!!!!
Adela, this is so cute! I love this moose every time you create with him.
Adela, this is AWESOME!!! I'm going to make one of these or maybe even two, thanks so much for sharing & your tutorial is great!
adorable! thanks for the mini tut!
This is a really cute idea!! I am going to give this one a try!
What a great idea - thanks for sharing the tutorial.
so cute Adela. TFS
So completely clever & adorable! Thanks for sharing!!!
love the card! very creative! thanks for the tutorial!
Post a Comment