I found an unused 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" (folded long ways) white cardstock in my pile of "stuff" and just had to do something with it. I couldn't put it back in the I-don't-where-to-put-it pile, so I made this very simple card.
• Using the Script (I think that's the name of it) Cuttlebug Folder, emboss the right side of the front.
• Cut a piece of Kiwi Kiss c/s at 4-1/8" x 2" and trim one of the long edge with the scallop edge punch.
• Cut a piece of Bella Rose DSP a little bit narrower than the Kiwi Kiss, just enough so the scallop edge shows under it. Adhere on top of Kiwi Kiss c/s.
• Tie a matching ribbon along the left side of the piece you just put together. I used Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon. (Tip: to make sure my ribbon stays put, I use sticky strip over it even if the rest of the c/s uses another type of adhesive.)
• Adhere along the left side of the card base, over the part that is not embossed.
• What's left is to add whichever sentiment you'd like. I used All Holidays with the small and regular oval punches. I also dragged the edges of the white oval over the ink pad to define the edge.
I think typing this took longer than actually making the card!
Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for visiting!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Simple Saturday - An Under 10 Minute Card
at
1:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
VERY pretty! It has a lot more 'wow' factor than it sounds - a '10 minute card' thrown together with found scraps. lol
This is beautiful!!! I love the 'wow' factor too .. and that you made it in 10 min!!! It is amazing! I will have to try some sinpler ones like this.
BTW ~ I love ya!! :)
Very pretty!
Very pretty card. Now I wish I had bought that embossing folder. I was looking at it at Joann on Friday wondering if I would ever use it and put it back. I'll HAVE to go back now. LOL Thanks for sharing.
Adela, I truly LOVE simple, clean, and quickly-prepared cards. This is definitely a stunning card that can easily be made to accommodate many occasions!
~Bev
Holy cow! 10 minutes???
WOW
love the super quick cards that turn out so fabulous. this really is pretty.
Post a Comment