I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Christmas Tags -- from a Post Office Set?

The other day when I was making my husband the "Confidential" sticker matchbook, I decided to keep the new Post Office stamp set out (from Molly Stamps) so that I could make some Christmas gift tags. This was so easy to make and didn't take long at all!

You'll need six pieces each of 3-1/8" x 1-3/4" of Kiwi Kiss and Bravo Burgundy; 12 pieces of 3" x 1-5/8" of Pink Pirouette. For the 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, you'll need six 2" long Moss and six 5-1/2" long Bravo Burgundy.

Here are the steps:
• Stamp the "to and from" in the center of the pink cardstock and trim top corners diagonally.
• Trim top corners of all kiwi and bravo c/s diagonally. These will be a little bit wider than the pink c/s.
• Fold Moss ribbon in half and staple it on the top center of the kiwi c/s. When stapling, have the prong end up on the same side as the ribbon is on.
• Glue pink c/s on top of kiwi and glue an embellishment over the staple "bump." Here I used Martha Stewart Branch punch.
• For the next six pink c/s, use the snowflake punch on the top for a decorative effect.
• Glue pink c/s on top of burgundy and tie burgundy ribbon at bottom of tag. Keep it in place with mini glue dot under knot.

This next step is optional, but I like doing this because it's convenient: cut a strip of red sticky strip about 1" long and stick it to the back of each tag, but don't remove the red liner. When you're ready to use the tag, just peel off the liner and stick this baby on! And you thought this Post Office stamp set was just for envelops and packages!

Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

They are DARLING!!!!! I love the one giving a gift and the other taking:) SOOOO CUTE!!! and such a fun tag:) Love 'em:)!

Kim Burmeister said...

These are so cute! I can't wait to get mine to play with. AWESOME!

wendyp said...

What a cute set of tags! Can't wait to get these stamps!

Tweetpea said...

Very cute tags. Can never have enough of them.

Tammi
http://3littlebirdz.com