I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

It's Been One Year? Blog Candy Time!

Hey... I just saw a reminder in my side bar that my Blogoversary is in 3 days! Time sure has flown and I have learned so much. I started this blog October of '07 with just a little bit of stamping and zero blogging experience. I'd idolize and stalk so many of those "well-known" bloggers of the stamping cyber-community and try to learn as much as I could from them. I never thought I'd last a year! I've made great friends and would not trade this year for anything!

Now, on to the yummies... I have some very nice goodies for y'all (part of the prize is a Hanna Stamps set!). My actual Blogoversary is this Friday, the 10th, so from now until Friday 8:00 a.m. (pst), all I need from you to enter this contest is to leave me a comment telling me what your favorite part is when visiting some one's blog. There's no right or wrong answer -- easy! Then, I'll pick a winner sometime Friday. So, let's hear from you!

68 comments:

Tracey said...

Well, of course blog candy is an awesome reason to visit someone's blog. But mostly I like that you get a window into someone's world - either through their creations or just their everyday posts!

Tracey said...

By the way, CONGRATS on one year! Totally forgot to put that in my first post!

Anonymous said...

Great day for an anniversary! That's my birthday!!! Congratulations on your one year anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your blogoversary! I like to visit blogs to see what other people create. Blogs are always filled with tons of creative ideas and they're fun to visit.
Thanks for the chance to win!

Anonymous said...

Ooops! My post came up anonymous!!So once again - great day for an anniversary! My birthday is the 10th!!! Cogratulations on your anniversary :-)

Glenda Mollet said...

Happy Blogoversary Adels. My FAV part when visiting blogs is to see the pictures of cards, cards and more cards. I stalk the blogs for ideas and inspiration. Thanks so much for YOUR inspiration.
Glenda

Ret said...

Wow! How time flies, huh?! Happy happy 1st anniversary, Adela! I love seeing how creative everyone is, I love learning from others, exchanging idea's & just visiting with them.
Thanks for a wonderful year of your beautiful art!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I just recently discovered your blog and think you are very talented. Keep up the good stuff! I think the thing I look for first off on a blog is "what were they inspired to make today?" I love the diversity of everything from cards to boxes to gifts to home decor ... in other words, EVERYthing. I also appreciate the "window into their world" and the sense of community.

May G said...

Hey Congratulations!! and thanks for the chance to enter your blog candy....
MAY

Anonymous said...

Adela: CONGRATS on your anniversary - I think I've been following you for this entire year-and you have done some amazing things. My favorite part of visiting a blog is all the awesome photos that are taken - which gives me TONS of ideas for my cards. You have inspired me with many of wonderful card and project creations. Thanks for all the tips. Kadie

SusanBluerobot said...

My favorite part is seeing all the new ideas that are out in the big wide world and all the new creations that they have made

Katie Cotton said...

OOO, congrats on your blogoversary!!! And thanks for the chance to win! I love visiting blogs to find new stamps i must have and to get new layout ideas!!!!

Alyssa S said...

Happy bloggiversary! I love to visit blogs for inspiration and to get a little window into someone else's reality - let's call it my own little reality tv addiction! :o) Thanks for the chance!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

It is truley hard to believe you have been only blogging for a year! WOW! I can say that my favorite part of visiting blogs is to make friends, see all their wonderful creations, learning and sharing with them. Finding loads of wonderful inspiration meeting loads of beautiful people. It has been an amazing experience for me so far.

SparkofWhimsy said...

Happy anniblogsary! I visit blogs for inspiration and new techniques. I love to learn something from people I meet and am always learning from different blogs I follow. There's so many different styles out there and so many ideas. Who needs magazines and other costly items for inspiration when a person can just stroll through a handful of varying blogs. It cheers me up.

stampingtink said...

Congrats on one year! That's fabulous! My favorite of visiting someone's blog is seeing their cards and reading their posts on what made them cme up with that creation. I think it's the writer in me! So I look forward to another year of fun blogging with you! And thanks for the opportunity to win some blog candy! That's the icing on this one year cake!

Carol said...

Congrats on your blogoversary! Wow one whole year, it doesn't seem that long. I love going to other blogs looing at all the projects. I love seeing other people cards and I especially love when people post their scrapbook pages since my of the blog I follow are papercraft ones. I love seeing tutorials on blogs as well. Can't wait to see what is instore for the year to come!

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Congrats on hanging in there all year!

My favorite thing about visiting blogs is getting ideas and inspiration for my own projects. I'm new at stamping and creating so seeing different ideas and techniques has been so much fun!

Blog candy is also awesome :)

Phyllis Strickland said...

Happy Blogaverary! YOur blog is awesome, love your cards.

My favorite thing is the artwork, especially cards.

Jennifer said...

Congrats on your blogaversary! My favorite part of visiting someone's blog is learning all I can about stamping.

Blaack Sheep Designs said...

Congrats on the blogaversary! Mines not for awhile yet...

my favorite part of blogging, is the connections I make between the other bloggers and myself. I've made some good friends that I never would have met (online or off) if I hadn't started a blog!

Courtney said...

Oh Congrats on your year!

My favorite thing about blogs is that it's their own blog and each is different! I love to see someone's personality in their blog!

Deb Neerman said...

Congrats on your 1 year blog-stone! It does go by super-fast, doesn't it?

I blurf for all the inspiration! Everyone's style is different and I love to see what someone does with a particular stamp.

There's just tons of super talented paper artists out there and I never get tired of looking at everyone's latest paper project!

~Hugs, Deb

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Adela on your 1 year anniversary!

My favorite thing is tutorials on items other than cards. I love seeing cards too and how they made it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the anniversary of the blog... today's my birthday, so we celebrate together. The part I like most on blogs are tutorials about their projects and photos of layouts and cards. Their creativity inspires mine and I love to see the different styles and techniques. I also like the giveaways sections, of course, and the opportunity to comment. Thanks, Edelmira (arymlede@hotmail.com)

Monds & Mayberry said...

My favorite thing about visiting blogs is to see other poeple's art work. It is an inspiration to me and helps me to find my mojo.
Congrats on your anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

One year, WOW, congratulations!!! I love blog hopping everyday because I'm so craft challenged and I need major inspiration when I have a card to make! Thanks for the chance to win some candy!! Judy T.

Charmaine said...

Happy blogiversary! I visit others blogs to get ideas and inspiration.

Charmaine

cathy said...

Happy anniversary! I visit blogs for inspiration.

usafcole said...

I visit scrapbooking/card blogs for inspiration. I visit other blogs for humor, family and friend updates, spiritual inspiration, and decorating ideas.

I find as far as scrapbooking/cardmaking blogs go...I love to see such varied work out there. It pushes me to get outside of my box every now and then.

Thanks for a chance to win. Have a great day.

Vicki said...

Congratulations!! My favorite would have to be the 3D projects. Hope your next year is blessed and full of great inspiration for all.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the blogversary!
My favourite thing is getting inspired, seeing what other people can do with some of the same materials I have in my stamp area, always looking for new ideas and techniques! Keep up the great blog!
Kristine
coombdav@xplornet.com

TinaJewel said...

I am drawn to the cards that are made simply! As that is what I am about right now...just starting up. I have very few stamps so winning a blog candy is very exciting to me!

Anonymous said...

Gosh it is really different depending on the blog. Sometimes it is to window shop and see what kind of creations are shown every day. Sometimes it is because of tutorials. Sometimes it is for pure inspiration. I have a long list of blogs that I visit, and I do my best to make my way around and leave comments too.

Peg Frushour said...

Congratulations on your blogiversary! My favorite part of visiting blogs is just to see what people are making - getting new ideas, AND I like the blog links on their sites!

Rita said...

Congrats on your blogaversary!!!

I luv tutorials & lots of pictures! It's amazing how much I have learned from all the blogs that I visit. If it weren't for these crafty people who blog I would have been discouraged & maybe I would have given up stampin! But thanks to all these wonderful crafters who like to share their knowledge that didn't happen.

Bunny B said...

Happy Blogoversary!!! :)) Congrats!
My fave thing about visiting someone's blog is for the ideas and inspiration. Sharing is caring! :) Oh, and yummy candy never hurts ;)

bunnybx at gmail . com

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st anniversary! I just found your blog and love it. You are now in my favorites list. I like visiting blogs for inspiration, naturally, but also to read all the fun stuff in the lives of others.
Jeannette

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your first year. I love to see the cards or scrapbook pages that is created and then having a tutorial is an added plus. you get to read the serious/humorous side of the blogger as well. thank you for sharing your art this past year. Blessings...

Mary Jane said...

Happy Blogaversary Adela! My favorite part of blogs is seeing how different people use stamps/stamp sets - techniques, layouts, supplies, etc. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Butterfly said...

Happy happy 1st Blogaversary!. Well done on achieving this milestone. It takes dedication to keep on doing this wonderful work. I visit blogs to get inspiration for my card making and scrapbooking. I am not much good at coming up with my own ideas and the fact that I can CASE other people's work is such a bonus. I do like to add my own touch though. Thanks for the chance to win some candy. May you celebration many more Blogging anniversaries! Helen R.

Kristie said...

I love the inspiration I get from seeing what other people do with the same products I have sitting on the shelf!! i also love it when I get a glimpse into their lives...what they do, what kind of a person they are. I have been blogging since April and I have made some amazing friends all over the world, people I never would have met otherwise, so for me blogging and other people's blogs are a total blessing!

Benga said...

Happy Blogoversary!
My fave part is learning new techniques and getting inspiration too!

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

the thing i look for most on blogs is....inspiration! thank you for providing so much of it!
congrats on yor blog-o-versary!!!

Heather "Hev" said...

Happy Blogversary :)

Gosh, another tough question.... I think what I like most on blogs is use of colour - colour definitely catches my attention :)

lalalla said...

congrats, my favourite part of blogging and visiting blogs is inspiration, I love when I can lear new things like techniques or see one stamp in sewrwal different projects:)

JRLadies said...

My favorite part of visiting a craft blog is definitely the tutorials. Seeing all the beautiful crafts people make is great, but once I see how it's done...I just take so much away from that. I really appreciate bloggers who take their time to teach others.

Erin said...

Happy Blogoversary. I like visiting blogs to see everyones creativity.

jsreader said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! I love getting ideas from blogs but like hearing stories of peoples lives also. It makes you feel like you are connected to others in the stamping world. Thanks for the chance to win the candy.
June

Nancy L. said...

Congrats on your blogoversary! Just like you, I love hopping from blogs that I have on my faves (you are on it) and just get inspired! You are awesome with all of your cards and thanks for the chance to win!

Janet M said...

Wow congrats on one year! My favorite part is probably seeing everyone's coloring of stamps and the different was that they do it. i am not so good at coloring so it's fun to look at others for ideas. Thanks for the fun!

Susan Sprowls Smith said...

My favorite part is not only seeing all the creativity, but then there are links to even MORE fun blogs! It just never stops! LOL

Happy Blogoversary!

Anonymous said...

kendell
I am just ever so grateful to all the bloggers who give so freely of there experitise. I love blog hopping but as I am using my time doing this I am not getting my own SB, etc etc done. I love tutorials, new technique etc. I do not have a blog myself so one day will have to get one when I find out how.
kendellm1@optusnet.com.au

csroyal said...

Congrats on a year! I just love pictures of other folk's creativity. I love it when it makes me say "Wow!."

Unknown said...

I visit blogs to check out different things dependent on my mood. Sometimes it's just for the pretty pictures and sometimes I want to read what other people are doing (kinda like looking into their windows)
congrats on your anniversary!

Sheila-rita said...

I like to look at blogs to get inspired. It's wonderful to have a place to go to and see everyone's creativity hard at work. Plus I wouldn't know about all the cool stamps out there.

Oma said...

Congratulations! My favourite thing is looking at all the different sketch challenges and the cards made from the sketches. I also enjoy learning about different techniques hearing about all the new stamps coming out. The sneak peaks drive me bonkers! LOL

n2kids said...

Congratulations on your blogaversary! I would say my favorite part of visiting someone's blog is to see the creativity of others and to learn new techniques that I can incorporate into my projects.

Tracy.H said...

congrats on the Blogoversary!!

I think for me? I simple blog hop for inspiration. Big or small any inspiration is awesome. And you always give lots of it! Thanks for the opportunity to win some candy too. :0)

Tee said...

I came by your blog thru Card of the Week..And then began checking out your blog. Its really awesome! Love all your tutorials..that's one thing I like about blogs..tutorials and a way of doing things outside the box!
Happy blog Anniversary!

Lots of hugs
Tejal

Regina said...

Happy blogoversary to you! You have a wonderful, inspiring blog and do amazing work.
I visit new blogs to find tutorials and news ideas for cardmaking and scrapbooking. I've marked many of them as ideas I would like to create.
Thanks for the chance to win.

Kim said...

CONGRATS on your one year Anniversary! YAY! I LOVE blogging and am VERY addicted! I love learning new techniques, and seeing everyones stunning work! I get so inspired to do the best work that I can!
Hugs~ Kim

Annelies said...

Happy blogoversary! I like visiting other people's blog to see their work. I get so much inspiration from seeing other people's cards! Thanks for a chance to win! Greetings from Belgium, Annelies

JenMarie said...

Woo Hoo for one yr, congrats!
I love to see lots of pictures!!

Cindy Vernon said...

I just like seeing all the new ideas! I'm from the OC too!

Theresa Momber said...

Congrats on your blogaversary! I mainly visit blogs for the eye candy, but anytime there are tutorials, it is a huge bonus. :)

Janna said...

my favorite thing is the colorful pictures and also the family pictures. It is nice to see everyone's other life!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Blogoversary! I like to seee all of your creations, pluse you explain everything very well-easy to follow. Thanks for the chance to win.