Today, I finally found some time to play with my Big Shot. So, which die did I grab? Well, I reached for the Bird with Leaves and Flower die, of course! There were two things that I had never done before when making this card. The first one was using felt (instead of card stock) to run through the Big Shot. It cut so perfectly without any problems. (TIP: use only stiff felt, regular felt does not work). The second was a technique I used called "Vintage Values" that I learned here.
Vintage Values requires 2-3 shades of the same color of ink and a craft sponge. Start with your lightest shade, use a craft sponge to sweep ink from the outer edges of your card stock inward as far as you want your glow to touch. Repeat with your next shade, but only sweep about 2/3 as far in (so some of the lighter color still shows in the inner sections). Repeat with the darkest shade of ink (if desired), sweeping with short strokes, only about 1/3 of the way in.
RECIPE
Paper: Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss, Regal Rose; Pink Pirouette DSP (SU!)
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose
Acc: 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Chocolate Chip Twill Ribbon, Distressing Tool, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Stiff Felt, Big Shot Bird with Leaves and Flower Die, Nestabilities, Dew Drops
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Pink Bird
at
1:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Oh this is sooo cool, Adela! I love the vintage feel of it!
Love that bird! Very pretty!
Beautiful!!! and thanks for the explination too! I am scared of vintage, lol. I may try it now though:). ((lulaby and good night, go to sleep sweet Adela ...))
oooooh, I love this card! The bird is so cool with the felt! I'm not sure about CHA yet, but I'll let you know if I go!
So beautiful! Love your shading and distressed edges. Thanks so much for playing! :)
Post a Comment