When I was a little girl, I used to look forward to getting the McCalls magazine -- not for the boring articles (I was just a kid!), but for the Betsy McCalls paper dolls that was included in every issue. I loved cutting those paper dresses out; very cheap entertainment for me. Nowadays, all you have to do is click a button and you can dress yourself in an elf costume and dance like one. Wee Hanna, one of the new sets from Hanna Stamps brings back sweet memories of my childhood days when my mother was still here with me.
When I first thought of making this project, I thought of my neighbor's granddaughter. I watched her visit her grandmother since she was just a newborn and whenever I caught her eyes, I'd smile at her and she would give me the cutest and sweetest smile back. Anyway, I'm making this Hanna set with Alexis in mind. She may be too young still to play with it now, but that's okay... Here's what I've included in the paper doll tin:
The tin includes the following which I've already colored:
1 doll
4 outfits and accessories
1 doll stand
It also includes extras for the child to color:
2 dolls
16 outfits and accessories
The tin is a mini lunch box which I simply covered with DSP using sticky tape. The side is covered with 5/8" red grosgrain ribbon. For her name I couldn't fit all the smaller sized letters in the circle, so I just used her first initial even though I wanted to use her entire first name. Then, I figured out a very easy way to do it.
TIP Using the JustRite base (what holds the individual alphabets) for any word or name: Simply pop in the letters you need to spell the name or word, attach it to an acrylic block (I just use double-sided tape), ink it and stamp it onto card stock. It works great!
Visit the other Hanna Design Team members the next few days to see their sneak peeks of Hanna's new sets. You can find their links on my side bar at the right. Also, on Monday the 2nd of March at 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm EST, we will be having our release party over at SCS Hanna Stamps Forum. Join us for some fun chatting with fellow Hanna fans and maybe even win one of the prizes!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Friday!
Adela





10 comments:
Super-cute Adela! What a great gift for Alexis!
This is soooo cute Adela!!! LOVE LOVE all your awesome possum creations!!!
How sweet! I can't wait for the new release!
OH MY GOSH!!! This is JUST the CUTEST thing Ever!!!
How clever and sweet!!! I too LOVED paper dolls and wish I had been able to hold on to some of my old ones for my daughter. This is just the sweetest thing Adela! Love it!!!
Oh Miss. Adela you did a fabulous job with this! I used to LOVE the paper dolls that my Grandma had for me to play with at her house! What a fun memory! Your set for little Alexis is so adorable!
Hugs~ Kim
Love these Adela! What a sweet gift idea!
Hi Adela,
Oh I love what you have made! I have been waiting for my granddaughter to be old enough to play with paper dolls. I played with the very same ones you did and some others when I was little and adored them.
What a wonderful gift you have made for your little Alexis! She will love it. You are SO FULL of great ideas.
This is so cute and perfect for a little girl! I had to chuckle of the photos with your kitty in the background. They just have to be a part of it all don't they? I have a cat that looks very similar to yours.
Fabulous job Adela! I loved cutouts when I was little, and this would be a great gift for any little girl!
So sweet Adela!!!!
Post a Comment