I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Saturday, February 21, 2009

From "Me, Me, Me" to "You, You, You"

My best friend inspired me to make this card. She often teases me by addressing me as "Me Me Me," so when I saw the new stamp set from Stampin' Up!© with the "you, you, you" sentiment, I knew I had to get this set. This card is 5" x 5" and all supplies are from Stampin' Up!© The layout I used is from the PCP Saturday Sketch Challenge. To play the challenge, upload your photo to the PCP photo gallery using the tag "sk022109" (sketch challenge 02/21/09). We'd love to see your version of the sketch.


Stamp: Three Little Words (SU!)
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Raspberry Tart DSP
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red Classic Ink Pad, Rose Red Stampin' Marker
Acc: Flower Fusion, Button Bouquet, Linen Thread, 1" Rose Red Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Red Hemp, Butterflies Sizzix Die, Sponge, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Sticky Tape






As you can see, I substituted the horizontal layer of the sketch with a butterfly die cut.  The previous card I made (Teacher Hanna) also used this same layout but is much closer to the actual sketch.

Well, I'm so HAPPY that the weekend is here and that I can SLEEP in if I want to.  Thanks for stopping by.
Adela 

6 comments:

Mary Jane said...

Gorgeous card Adela! Love the color combination and the butterfly. Thanks for sharing. I hope you get some sleep this weekend.

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Adela!!

Vicki G said...

Crap!!! I knew I should have got that stamp!!! I had it on my order and then deleted it.........hmmmmm next time!!!!! What a beautiful beautiful card!!!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Vicki

Norine said...

very very pretty love those colors
hugs
Norine

Sparkplug17 said...

Sleep is always a good thing! I love your card and love the colors!

Kim said...

Beautiful card...and I love the story behind it! You you you! :)
Hugs~ Kim