My husband's cousin had a birthday not too long ago and she's such a sweet lady. She's so thoughtful and loves to send cards and gifts by mail. I knew that a stationery set would be so appropriate to give her, so I made this set as a gift. Both the card and the set are very easy to make.
For the note cards, I used a 2" x 4" piece of pattern paper, 3.25" x 4" piece of coordinating Cuttlebugged card stock, 4" strip of darker card stock border punched (I used Martha Stewart punch on these), 5" strip of taffeta ribbon and Just Rite for the initial.
For the card, I used the SU! set Refuge and Strength. I partially Cuttlebugged the bottom half of the base only. After stamping the cross image, I cut it out using my Nestability die then I punched a hole near the bottom right with the horizontal slot punch for the taffeta ribbon to go through. Adhere the cut out piece to the base with dimensionals while the taffeta ribbon is loosely slipped through the slot. Now you can adjust the ribbon and tack it down with a brad in the front and sticky tape on the back. From here on, it's easy to finish the card.
There were two different designs of stationery that I made for her and for some reason, I can't find the picture of the other set. I bought a new laptop and have lost a few things while cleaning up my older one. Anyway, I presented them to her in a velvet box which I had forgotten to take a picture of because we were in a hurry to leave for her party, but it was really pretty and elegant looking.
Thanks again for stopping by. Oh, before I end this post, if any of you are interested, I did a tutorial on "Partial Embossing with Cuttlebug" a while back. It's a little different than what I did here, but you can still get the idea. Okay, that's it... until next time.
Adela
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Easy Elegant Note Cards
at
12:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Simple and elegant. I am in love. This is a great set .. a beautiful gift from a beautiful woman. I love them all!!! hope you are feeling better today.
Oh, she is going to love these! I love the colors and all the details you put in your cards.
simple but oh so pretty love them
Hugs
Norine
Adela these are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Wonderful work hun!
Hugs~ Kim
Those are so pretty!
Hi Adela,
Hope you are feeling much better today?
What a beautiful and elegant gift you have made. I am sure she loved them.
Post a Comment