Yesterday my dear, sweet, funny father celebrated his 91st birthday and I wish that I could have been with him to celebrate. Sometimes it feels as if he might outlive most of the people in our family. He has had a long eventful life. He's fought in two wars and was even a prisoner of war during WWII. He has now gotten to the point where age has taken some of his logic and memory away. The last few times I saw him, he couldn't remember my name, but he always asks about both of my girls by their names. He keeps asking me why I didn't go home for Christmas, when I actually was there. I really need to spend more time with him before there is no more time to spend with him.
I made this card for him because he loves his church and I also wanted to make something more gentle. The sentiment and card stock are from SU! as well as the new pattern paper. The cross is from Papertrey Ink. I added a couple of blings just because and cuddlebugged the card stock bottom.
In real life, the pattern paper matched the going gray card stock pretty well, but looking at this picture, I'd say I made a mistake. But, I'm sure he wouldn't notice that at all.
Thanks for stopping by and why not give your dad or father-figure a hug today!
Adela





9 comments:
Happy birthday to your Dad Adela! A gorgeous card!!
wow 91 the is something Happy B-day to him Love the card very pretty
Hugs
Norine
This is absolutely beatiful, Adela!
This is Beautiful and it is wonderful that he is still with you..........I remember My great Granny when she was in her late 90's used to call me Helen, who was a Granddaughter. It was nice to have her around until she was 102........
Have a wonderful day Adela!
Vicki
Adela, your card is beautiful. Hb for your dad...;-) Many thanks for the WELCOME... I am so happy... Hugs from Germany... Silke
This card is beautiful and so touching. I know he will love and treasure it. I ope he had a wonderful day full of love and Gods grace!
Adela that is a fantastic card! Happy Birthday to your Dad...what a milestone birthday! And a fabulous card to celebrate a very special man!
Hugs~ Kim
Dear Adela,
I am sure that your father will appreciate this most beautiful card from his precious, daughter! What a lovely card it is Adela.
Happy 91st Birthday to your dad.
Thank you also for the lesson on making your very pretty flowers :o)
Post a Comment