I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Can"tainer Challenge Anyone?


Head on over to Paper Craft Planet for our very first 3D Tuesday Challenge, where we'll be making boxes, bags, mini-books -- just about anything but cards. You can join the 3D Tuesday Group at PCP if you'd like to play along or if you want to be notified when I post a challenge.


A couple of nights ago while I was making marinara sauce, I was trying to figure out what to do for the first challenge.  I had emptied a can of tomatoes and thought, why waste a perfectly good can?  So that's the challenge for this week:  Take a plain old can and make something creative with it.  Here I've made a decorative "vase" with embossed white card stock and real lace.

Stamp: JustRite
Paper: White Card Stock, White Cardboard
Ink: Sahara Sand
Acc: Cuttlebug Folder, Nestabilities, Dew Drops, 1/4" White Grosgrain Ribbon, 1" Lace, Moss Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Sewing Pin

Faux Flowers
Bamboo Skewers, Buttons, 5/8" Vanilla and Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbons, Mini Glue Dots, Moss Taffeta Ribbon, Petals from Silk Flowers

Hope you play along and thanks for stopping by!
Adela

8 comments:

Mary Jane said...

Hi Adela! I got your invitation to join the 3D group on PCP. I've got to think about this challenge, but I hope to post something. Your vase is wonderful. I love the Cuttlebug paper and all the texture. Someday I'll get a JustRite stamper so I can personalize projects. Thanks for including the flower info on your post. I think that's something my older daughter and I would enjoy making together.

wendyp said...

Gorgeous!!!! Love the 3D piece you created! I'm going to have to put on my thinking cap and see if I can come up with something this week.

Candy said...

Hi Adela,
I love your vase and flowers!!!! Very pretty indeed! The flowers almost look real and you have done a great job of cuttlebugging the paper for around the can!

Norine said...

wow this is really pretty love the CB design & pearls well guess I like everything LOL
Hugs
Norine

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

That is the prettiest and most elegant coffee can I have ever seen! Beautiful Adela!

Vicki G said...

Ohhhh my Adela!!! That is GORGEOUS!!! WOW!!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Just beautiful -- I love it!! Cans are so fun to decorate!! Love the idea of using it as a vase!!!

Kim said...

OM Goodness Adela that is AMAZING and so STUNNING! WOW I am in awe! Gorgeous work hun!
Hugs~ Kim