It's Tuesday, so that means that I have another 3D Challenge for you over at Paper Craft Planet! When I finally decided what project to present for the challenge, I had no idea how much work it would take to make the template for it. For some reason, my Photoshop Elements program just was not cooperating with me! Anyway, after about 10 drafts, I finally finished the template and made a couple of samples with it.
My mother-in-law's birthday was coming up, so I wanted to make a gift card holder for her and this is what I came up with. It can actually hold other things besides gift cards -- it can hold a couple of 3" x 3" note cards and envelopes; individually wrapped chocolates or other sweet treats; a magnetized photo frame for the fridge -- those are just a few ideas.
To make this Scalloped Envy, you'll need adhesive, a rectangle punch, a 1/4" circle punch and 10" to 12" of ribbon. The papers I used for this envelope is from SU! DP and Core'dinations. I added a lace trim at the bottom with Dew Drops and the flower on the tag is made with Color Infusions Memory Thread (DMC). Love that "thread" because it holds whatever shape you make with it.
The challenge for this week is to make a gift card holder with scallops! You may use the "envy-lope" template that I've included, or you can use your own -- as long as it has scallops on it. When uploading to PCP, please use the tag 3d27. Have fun!
Monday, August 31, 2009
It's 3D Tuesday - Scalloped Envy
at
2:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
great use of that memory Thread! Love this project!
Great project Adela and thank you for making and sharing your template. Your gift card holder is very pretty with the lace and embossing. Your MIL will be very happy. Cami
Post a Comment