I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day Two of Caardvarks Blog Hop!!!


It's Day 2 of Caardvarks 3-Day Blog Hop! Like I've mentioned in yesterday's post, here's what you need to do to participate:

• "Follow" or "subscribe" to Caardvarks, my Blog here, Core-dinations blog

• Visit each DT members' blog and leave a comment on the Blog Hop posts each day

• Return to Caardvarks and leave a comment that you've completed the hop for each day

• You will then be entered in a drawing to win a Super Assortment Package of Core-dinations product (retail value $68.00)

One prize package will be given away for each day of the hop!

Here's the DT list:
Jenyfur
Lauren
Mel
Lori
Tanis
Adela (you are here)
Kryssi
Nathalia
Jenn B.
Pamela
Stef
Carrie
Ashley
Lucy
Heidi
Michelle
Jolene
Daniela

My project above was fun to make. For the "pot," I crumpled the paper and lightly sanded the creases. For the flowers and leaves, I first cut them out with my Sizziz dies, then I sanded the raised areas with sandpaper.

Paper: Elements, Whitewash (Core-dinations)
Acc: Sizzix, 1/4" Rose Red Grosgrain Ribbon (SU!), Pearl Dew Drops, Sandpaper, Glue Dots, Toothpicks

Tomorrow I will have another project made with these fabulous papers. Thanks for stopping by!
Adela

86 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card is absolutely adorable. I love the colors and embossing

Betty said...

such a cute idea - color and embossing are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this Adela! Cute, cute, CA-ute!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love the flowers. Very cute!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

I love the flowers. Great idea

Pamela Smerker said...

This is so fun and looks like you could pour some water in that vase. Fantastic!

Unknown said...

Love those flowers. Thanks for sharing the details. I don't have any dies, but may have to just do some "free-hand" drawing.

cal8007 said...

Hola Adela,

I'm baaaack :) What nice flowers you created! TFS,

Carmen

Priscilla said...

Wow, looks like so much work. So cute flowers and vase. they won't wilt if you forget to water them!
Love it.

Nancyroo said...

very cute!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is soo cool! I love the flowerpot and all the sanding really adds a wonderful effect! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Celeste B. said...

What a cute idea.

Nicole Maki said...

Adorable. All the embossing really makes it special. The pot is very cool.

Katy said...

so cute, I love the texture of the flowers!

cindy said...

great way to add dimension to your design! love the whole idea

java diva said...

That looks awesome! What a fun project!

Shauna K said...

beautiful flowers!!! love the white coming through the embossing :D

CHER46 said...

HOW CUTE!

Josephine said...

Now that's beautiful!

Marijke said...

I really would love to get these flowers for my birthday!!! Sooooo cute!!! Thanks for sharing.

Donna said...

Super cute!

June Houck said...

Adorable and creative!

Echo said...

oooh this is very cute! another great project, can't wait to see tomorrows.

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is awesome, Adela!

Eva said...

What a beautiful project!!!! Love the flowers!

Allison Cope said...

This is adorable! Love the texture of your flower pot!

Tricia said...

this is teh cutest...do you need my addy to mail it off to me???? lol
I love the dimension you added to the vase part!

Sue McRae said...

Lovely project! I like how crumpling the paper gives the pot such depth!

Kelly Booth said...

WOW!!! I just Adore this Fabulous Project!~!!

froggygal81 said...

Very CUTE!...Thanks

Marla said...

Those flowers are absolutely adorable. Love how you sanded them!! A great looking flower pot.

Sarah A said...

This is sooo clever, I will have to try and make one for my daughters room as she will love it!

Sarah x

Teri said...

Beautiful as usual! I'm always inspired when I visit your site!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful flowers!!! What a stunning project!

Southern Chic Vintage said...

Your flowers are so beautiful. I am going to make on of those now.

Rona said...

Very cute. That would be so cheerful on my desk at work!!

*Alison* said...

I love the colors you chose for the flowers and putting them in the bucket with the ribbon gives it just the right touch.. TFS

Jingle said...

This is very cute!!!

Carey said...

Very sweet.

Dragonlady said...

Another fantastic card. Love the texture.

Ali x

Ewik21 said...

Cute, cute!!! I LOVE this Adela!

Anne said...

Oh these flowers are so pretty! Just lovely...

StacyC said...

Beautiful project..

Patricia said...

OMG it's very very cute

Amanda Profumo said...

Very creative!

KyJeJe said...

Your colors for the flowers are so pretty. Very nice.

Shawna said...

Dynamite card! Love it!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Love your flower pot and the flowers. TFS!

Nadine said...

Very cute, love the flowers and how you crumpled the pot. Clever

Kathlene said...

Gorgeous. The colors are terrific and the entire design darling. Thanks for sharing!

Steph Zerbe said...

Adorable!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Darling bouquet.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

What a perfect bouquet!

Martha said...

How sweet your flowers are. It would be fun to use those flowers on lollipops I think.

nannette13 said...

Gorgeous and creative project!

Karen said...

Fabulous flower pot. Love the effect you get from crumpling the paper.

Catherine Kraft said...

Love the project and the embossed flowers are really cool. Love the colors.

catherinesangels@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Awesome card. Great techniques.

Heidi said...

this is great! i especially love the leaves. thanks for sharing!

Susan Grapengater said...

Love the flowers, so cute, I can think of lots of ways to use this! Think table decor!!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Just adorable! Love everything about it! :)

reen said...

My birthday is Friday, I wouldn't mind getting these myself. Maybe I could make some for myself :)

Yelowflower said...

awesome project, thanks bunches!!!

Michelle said...

Pretty vase with flowers. I'm getting suh great ideas!!!!

Julie said...

cute flower bouquet....

cindy ziliak said...

What an awesome project. I love the use of the paper for the flowers.

Shawninaz said...

Luv this card, very nice.

Cathy said...

Cute flowers!! What a great project.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

pretty flowers.

Aliy said...

Wow, what time that must have took. Great job

JessicaK said...

Beautiful flowers!

Anonymous said...

This bouquet made me jump for joy! LOVE it:)

Fika said...

your flowers are so pretty with yummy color combo.. :)

Dawn T said...

Love the flowers. So clever

Sandie said...

Great colour combo.

Well done.

Luv Sandie

Lucy Abrams said...

How very very lovely. So elegant.

Diana said...

Love this shape card. Thanks for sharing!

dstandard said...

What a fabulous project! Love those flowers!

Jenn Biederman said...

So cute, Adela! I love that you even made the pot out of the Core'dinations!!! Wonderful project!!

ellen s. said...

oh my! that is beautiful

Wendy K. said...

Love those bright flowers!

Michelle said...

adorable! I love your flower pot creation!

kathy s said...

what a cute project- that pot looks great and those floe=wers are so cute.

kathy s said...

what a cute project- that pot looks great and those floe=wers are so cute.

Dawn T said...

superb card. Love how that Texture CB folder works so well with the cardstock

Donna Baker said...

this is so pretty! almost like a real bouquet but better since it won't wilt & die!