I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Hero Arts-Caardvarks Challenge

It's time for another fabulous new challenge from Caardvarks, and this time we've teamed up with Hero Arts to reveal some of their 2009 Holiday Collection! Here's a peek at what you can make with one of the new sets:


This is my "Dial-a-Face on the Snowman" card using the new Make Your Own Snowman set. As you can see from the set, it comes with lots of accessories to give him/her several different looks!

Stamp: Make Your Own Snowman (Hero Arts)
Paper: Neenah White, Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Copics
Acc: 1/8" and 1" Circle Punches, Nestabilities, Stickles, "Sparkle" Color Infusions (DMC), Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots
















For this next card, I used the sketch that my friend Wendy came up with (to use the spotlight technique).

Stamp: Make Your Own Snowman (Hero Arts)
Paper: Neenah White, Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Copics
Acc: 1" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Square Punch, Snowflake Cuttlebug Folder, Black Brads Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots


Be sure to check out the other cards and projects by the Caardvarks Crew.

PRIZE:
A collection of *new* Hero Arts Stamps.

CHALLENGE:
Create a NEW Winter themed item -- whatever reminds you of the Winter Season.

DEADLINE:
Entries must be linked via Mr. Linky in the Caardvarks Blog by August 15th at Midnight.

I'll have more samples from other NEW Hero Arts sets within the next few days. By the way, these sets will be available later this month, so go check out the Hero Club Blog for more info.

Thanks for stopping by!
Adela

8 comments:

wendyp said...

That snowman card is SO CUTE!!! Love the way you made the spinning dial!

Love what you did with the sketch! You rock!

Kim Burmeister said...

Oh my, Adela! Your snowman card is FABULOUS! So cute! And I love your card for this week's sketch challenge. Love the pink!

Anonymous said...

These are just amazing Adela! Your spotlight card is beautiful and I LOVE the dial-a-face snowman...super fun!

(-: Heidi

Jenny said...

What a cute idea for the snowman! TFS!

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Kim said...

These are both super duper cute!! Love the snowman one with the changing faces....very clever! And I always adore your spotlighted cards....beautiful!!! (and pink!!!) :)
Hugs~ Kim

Kerry D-C said...

aaaaaaaw! these are chill-a-licious!

Sam said...

Have just bought the build a snowman set and am rummaging around for ideas!!

I love love love your dial a face snowman!! I just want to know - how on earth did you do it??? How did you ensure that the faces all lined up in the right place!?????

From a confused woman! ;-)

Sam said...

sorry - me again!! I also notice that the finger "grip" on the spinner cannot possibly be big enough to have the faces on them - so how are you making them spin - do you have two nestabilities circles or something?

(sorry for all the questions - I just LOVE this card and would like to CASE it if I may!)