I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Monday, April 06, 2009

Two More...

Tonight is Hanna Stamps' Release Party (9:00 pm Eastern, 6:00 pm Pacific) at the Forum! Be sure to join us for lots of chit chat with Kristi, the team and fellow stampers! Who knows, you may even win one of the prizes!

Here are two more sneak peeks before this evening's party. They are both from the Hospital set and, like all the other Hanna sets, are full of fun images. I have to say that I was quite FRANTIC yesterday. When I went to look for my colored images of the doc and nurse Hanna, I could not find them. I then searched for the stamp set -- nowhere -- I lost the set! Luckily I found my "rejected" stamped images of the doc and the nurse, so with that, I tried my best to make them presentable.

For the doctor image, I tried to fill in the lines that were missing using my Copic Multiliner. But there were the places where I smushed it too hard when I stamped it and the lines got too wide. Anyway, this is all I had to work with -- one doctor image and no other fun accessories that came with the set. With that said, I decided to make the "doctor" into a professor/teacher and instead of him pointing at an x-ray film, he's pointing at a black board. I tried to make the front of the card to look like a cover of a hard bound book, but this picture doesn't do it justice... it looks much better in real life.

Stamp:
Hospital (Hanna Stamps), Party Hearty, It's Your Birthday (SU!)
Paper: Neenah Classic, Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Le Jardin DSP (SU!)
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Copic Markers, VersaMark
Acc: White Embossing Powder, 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" Square Punches, Dimensionals



I actually found a pretty good stamped image of Nurse Hanna in my stack of rejects, but by the time I finished looking for my stamp set and trying to fix the doctor image, it was already 11:00 pm. I already knew what design to make and what colors, my only fear was "sleep coloring."

Sleep Coloring: a form of sleep walking, but in coloring mode.

I have done this many times and it's a disaster. I often end up with a big splotch on my image or a nice line across it. Twice... I slept colored twice! For those of you who haven't invested in Copics, here's a reason to do so now. If you sleep color, or if you like the thought of being able to "erase" some of your mistakes, get Copics! Their Colorless Blender saved me last night. There was a bit of residue, especially with turquoise, but the splotch was barely noticeable after a few swipes of the Blender Pen. The second time it happened, I couldn't use the blender pen because I dropped the gray inside the turquoise, but surprisingly again, Copics did wonders! I just blended the area with the turquoise and now you can barely notice the gray on her sleeve. By the way, the big splotch of turquoise that I "erased" was right above my signature next to her right leg. My only regret with this card now that I'm looking at it, is the size of the sentiment I used. I'm going to fix that after this post and make it smaller. I also forgot to put "Happy Birthday" on the card.

Stamp: Hospital (Hannah Stamps), JustRite
Paper: Neenah Classic, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Polka Dots and Paisleys DSP (SU!)
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Copic Markers
Acc: Primas, Twill Ribbon, 1-1/2" Circle Punch, Rhinestone Brad, Dimensionals


Make sure to stop by tonight for the Release Party! Chat with you then.

Adela

6 comments:

Candy said...

Oh Adela,

I really feel for you and your troubles last night. I know what sleep colouring is.......also tired colouring when my eyes will simply not focus anymore and I have to hope hope hope I am staying within the lines.

Both your cards turned out great dispite all of your problems. I hope in the light of day you have been able to find your stamp set.

Sparkplug17 said...

What darling cards! I'm really excited for this release! Yeah for the colorless blender! :)

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh I love them both! The first one is GREAT! I love the way you made it look like a book ... if it looks that amazing here I cant imagine how wonderful it is in real life. The second is so fun and cheery. I love the colors. I really want copics!!! I have found myself doing that a lot lately. I try to color when I am too tired or when the lighting is too dim and I make big ol mistakes. I am so glad you were able to save yours and make this fabulous card with it!
Love ya! Have fun at the release tonight!!!

Tracey said...

Fantastic cards Adela! Love what you did with this set!

wendyp said...

Adela, these ROCK! The teacher one is just so creative! Awesome cards!!!

Kyoko said...

I always have such a hard time making "man" cards, but your card is PERFECT! TFS!