I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Mother's Giving Heart


Mother's Day cards are a little difficult for me to make without thinking of my dear mother. I'm sure most of us feel the same way as I do that our mother is the best -- well, that's how I feel: my mother was the best there was. She showed unconditional love to all her seven children. She was generous, always ready to give help to so many people even though she had very little, herself. My siblings and I found all this out after her memorial when one by one, people would come to us to tell us how much my mother's contributions and help meant to them: how she gave yearly to a summer program at church, but never wanted her name mentioned and how she gave regularly to other children who might need extra cash, not to mention her relatives back in the Philippines. Many more people with similar stories of my mother came to us... and you could really see the gratefulness in their faces. I get teary eyed when I think about how my mother had helped so many people and never expected anything in return. I truly admire her and I wish I could have told her how proud I am of her.

Stamp: All Holidays (SU!)
Paper: Neenah Classic White, Pink Pirouette, Melissa Frances PP
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Pink Pirouette, Bravo Burgundy
Acc: Nestabilities, 5/8" Satin White Ribbon (SU!), Heart Charm, Rhinestone Brad, Dimensionals, Sponge


6 comments:

Candy said...

Hello Sweetie!

You have a lot to be proud of your mother for!! I know you miss her terribly.

This card is so very very pretty and just what every mother would like to receive. Me included!! So beautiful, dainty, and lady like....

Denise said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I need to get a start on Mother's Day cards.
Have a Happy Easter.

Amanda said...

SO beautiful Adela! WOW!

Donna Baker said...

what a beautiful card and touching memory of your mother's giving spirit. this is always a difficult time for me although my mom has been gone for 13 years this July. {{hugs}}

Mireille said...

oh wow.. this is totally gorgeous!

Kyoko said...

Hi Adela! I know exactly what you mean ... I lost my Mom a couple of years ago and I still reach for the phone to call her! Your Mom is watching you and is soo proud of all your accomplishments. Mother's Day is alway difficult for me but I TOTALLY LOVE YOUR CARD. It's sooo precious!

Hugs, Kyoko