I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Green was my mother's favorite color. On our last vacation together, I had bought her a souvenir, which I had wrapped for her. It was a green sweater with the ship's logo and I was planning on giving it to her after we got back home from port, which was Christmas Day 2005. That was the same day I took my mother to the emergency room... she never came back home. Last week my husband was clearing out our bedroom retreat and found her unopened present. To this day, I still don't know what to do with it.

I didn't realize until I finished this card how much it reminded me of my mother: the empty rocking chair, her favorite green color, flowers for her love for gardening, and the words "Home Sweet Home" because that was exactly how she made our home.

The stamp set I used is Hanny Granny from Hanna Stamps.

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Adela

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Blessings and hugs!!

Caro's Kaartjes said...

Fantastic card!
And cherish the memory!!!
Hugs,
Caro

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I was looking at your card and how it just soothed my heart. It reminds me of my grandma, mom, and just a lot of memories of my family, all sitting on the porch with the rocking chairs and talking, laughing, singing... so many wonderful memories. Then I read your post and it touched my heart in a whole other way. I can not imagine how losing your mom must feel even today. I know it breaks my heart to think about it. Just have hope and faith in knowing that you will see her again some day and what a wonderful day that will be. God bless you my sweet friend. your card is beautiful and so are you

Donna Baker said...

{{hugs}} it's still a fresh memory and helps you heal to recall the things that remind you of your mom. I'm sorry you never got the chance to give her that sweater, maybe you can give it to someone who would enjoy it, that's perhaps like a mother figure to you? I am blessed to have a lot in my life I like to cherish.

Niki Estes said...

Beautiful card, Adela! I love the colors and the scene you created! I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard that must be. My mom is one of my best friends. Hugs!

Kerry D-C said...

Oh, Adela. It is so hard to get over some losses. Sometimes we never get over them. My dad died suddenly when I was 16....almost 18 years later, I still hold onto to some things of his....like an old baseball bat. I have no idea what to do with some of these things. It is nice that you have that wonderful memory of that last vacation together. Beautiful card in memory of your mom.
(((hugs)))

Denise said...

Very pretty, I love the layout of images, and the coloring is fantastic!!

Vicki G said...

This card is just adorable Adela!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card and memories...Mother has been gone for 13 years now and I still miss her.But I would never ask her back to suffer any longer.....treasure the good memories...love your work..you so inspire me. June in PA