I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Hanna Stamps~Sneak Peek and a Challenge

Yay! It's that time again for new Hanna Stamps! Kristi Ferro (owner of HS) always has such fun sets each month and I'm always looking forward to seeing what she has for us. Today is Day 1 for the Hanna Stamps sneak peeks and the card I'd like to share with you today is from the Granny Hanny (love that name) stamp set to be released on Monday, April 6th, right after the Release Party at the Hanna Forum on SCS. Make sure you check out all of the other Design Team members' sneak peeks -- they're all listed on my side bar.  Also, we have a new member on our Design Team... Kerry Donovan Casey! Welcome to Hanna Stamps, Kerry! And this month, we are very lucky to have as our Guest Designer, Michelle from Stop and Stamp the Roses. What a great month this is going to be!

This week I'm hosting the Hanna Stamps Friday Challenge (HSC63), you don't have to use Hanna stamps, but that would be great if you have them! Okay, you've heard the riddle: What's Black and White and Red all over; haven't you? Well, the challenge is to make a card with those colors: black, white and red. If you'd like to play along, please leave a comment in the Hanna Stamps forum and if you're uploading your card to SCS, please use the key/tag HSC63. I'd love for you to play along and see what you come up with.

I had to laugh when I first read the name of this stamp set because it's just too cute -- Granny Hanny! But what a great set! At first I thought that I could only make funny cards with this set because of "granny." But actually, you can set many moods with this. I decided to make a more traditional card with this set. And in keeping with the black and white theme, I only used my gray shades of Copics (C1, C3, C5 and C7). All the accessories are either black or white. Then I took a big square piece of Real Red card stock and Cuttlebugged it with the Swiss Dots folder. Since the folder didn't cover the entire red card stock, I had to Cuttlebug each side, which created a "seam" across the card stock. That was easily fixed by placing lace over it. One thing about card making, you can always cover your mistakes. Well, that's basically it for the black and white and red all over card.

Stamps: Granny Hanny, Everyday Sentiments (Hanna Stamps)
Paper: White, Black, Real Red (SU!)
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Copic Markers, White Gel Pen (Ranger)
Acc: Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder (Provo Craft), Primas, Dew Drops (Robins Nest), Button (Memory Makers), Nestabilities and Shapeabilities Die (Spellbinders), Lace (Joann), Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots
Technique: Masking

Thanks for stopping by!
Adela

10 comments:

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Adela!! Love the colour scheme! Can't wait to see the rest of the Hanna peeks!!

wendyp said...

Love this! I can't wait to see more of the set, such pretty images! Beautiful card!

Silli said...

Adela, your card is beautiful. I love the image and the colors... Great!

Queen Mary said...

Adela, this set is very intriguing to me, I can't wait to see more! But TODAY is April 3 -- I guess you really mean Monday for the release date.... :)

Unknown said...

Whoops! Thanks, Queen Mary! Just fixed the date.

DG said...

Wow this ia FAB!!! Love the colors you used - awesome new set :)

Kerry D-C said...

Love it, Adela!! The lace is perfect for a granny card! heeheehee Thanks for the warm welcome!

Vicki G said...

This is beautiful Adela!!! WOW!!!

Michelle Woerner said...

This is great! I love the way you combined the 2 images -just perfect!! I am excited to be with you this month too!!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Granny Hanny ~ I can't get over that! lol! This card is great though! I love the colors and the rocking chair. brings back memories of sitting on the porch with my granny :)