I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Friday, April 24, 2009

Oh, Please Take Two!


Good morning and Happy Friday! As some of you know, I live in Southern California where earthquakes are known to happen frequently and at anytime.  A few months ago we had a fairly big one -- big enough that I had several broken glasses on the floor and several other items. Well, yesterday around 5pm, another one hit and my girls and I went under the dining table right away. Our dog and cat even joined us under there. Three hours later, another one hit, which was bigger than the previous one.  A few minutes later, another smaller one. Even now, I just felt a small aftershock (3:30 am). I'm really afraid of earthquakes because they are so unpredictable, but I also love my home here in California. Oh well.... On with the project...

This project was made for today's Hanna Stamps' Friday Challenge: Make Anything But a Card 3D.  There is no time limit to this challenge, however, if you participate in challenges for the current month, all players will be entered in a drawing during the next release party to win a free set from Hanna Stamps! 

Have you ever been to a social gathering and wished that there was a polite way to tell someone to have a mint -- if you know what I mean?  Well, when I saw the medicine bottle image in the newly released Doctor Hanna set, I started thinking of all the fun projects I could attach this image to. One of them was this matchbook style TicTac holder/cover. It's a very simple cover to make, but what makes it special, of course, is the sentiment on the bottle, "Take 2 Before Stamping." Now, how perfect is that?

So, next time you have a stamp class or workshop, place a couple of these on the work table or make several to give as gifts to customers.

Paper: White, Pretty in Pink, Bravo Burgundy, Pattern Paper (SU!)
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Copic Markers
Acc: Scallop Border Punch, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Felt Button (Sizzix Die), 1/8" White Satin Ribbon, Mint Container

3 comments:

Sheene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheene said...

im sorry to hear bout the earthquakes.. im glad you're alright.. :) i love visiting ur blog you make such creative projects!

hugs fr d Phippines,
sheene

Carol said...

Adela, I live in Northern Cali and we just had a pretty good size quake here a few weeks ag too. I went throught some ERT training and the worst thing you can ever do in a quake is duck and cover. They say never go underneath a table because it can crush you. Instead back up against it. You can google pyramid of LIfe and learn more, but I just wanted to share.