To make this card, I played two challenges that I really enjoyed..jpg)
When I saw the sketch challenge at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge, I loved it and knew I just had to play! I knew exactly which image to use -- the only problem was, I didn't know the name of it. It was actually one of the samples that I had gotten from the Copics Certification Course last January. Anyway, I really enjoy playing the FTTC challenges and did you know that two weeks ago I was their winner? That was fun finding out!
In deciding which colors to use for this card, I came across the OCC Challenge for this week, which was to "use your own favorite color combo." One of my favorite color combos, which I use a lot, is pink (pink pirouette, pretty in pink, regal rose) and green (certainly celery, mellow moss, kiwi kiss, old olive). This really was a very easy challenge... Loved It!!
Stamp: All Holidays (SU!)
Paper: Neenah Classic White, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Melissa Frances Pattern Paper
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Copic Markers
Acc: 1" White Organdy Ribbon (SU!), Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Nestabilities Scallop Circle (Spellbinder), Corner Flourish Die (Provo Craft), Prima Flower, Dew Drop (Robins Nest)
Special Thanks:
The last few days, I have been receiving beautiful birthday cards in the mail from wonderful, thoughtful people and I just want to say a special Thank You to them:
Tina (Mill Creek, WA) - I love that scallop velvet ribbon you used! Beautiful and vibrant! Thank You! (ps. start blogging again!)
Gina (Center Line, MI) - I really like that glitter you used... but, I was wondering, what is that "frosting" you used on the cupcake? Thank you, Gina!
Lynn of St. Louis - ADORABLE! But of course, it's from YOU! Thank you so much my uber friend! It's a beautiful creation and I love you! Hey, I just looked at your return address and it does NOT say St. Louis!
Toni (Vacaville, CA) - Beautiful card! All that embossing... I really appreciate it. Thank you also for that fun clear stamp! I love it! I've been wanting one of those trays with the cupcakes! Wow! Very sweet of you! Thank you, Toni!
Jovita (El Mirage, AZ) - WOW! Thank you so much for all the goodies! First of all, the card is so cute... the image and sentiment are great! Second...you're too generous, with the fairy stamps, stamped images and a package of tags. I'm overwhelmed with all of it. Thank you so much! It was so unexpected and you're very sweet!





8 comments:
That image is so sweet! I too love pink and green ~ that was my first choice for the challenge but I did not finish the card yet :/ .
I think your card is so delicate, flawless and beautiful! As always.
Beautiful card!!! Love the color combo you chose for the challenge!
Happy Birthday, Adela!!!
Just lovely Adela - your card is so intricate and feminine. The flourishes lend an air of elegance! Happy birthday, sweet lady.
Your very welcome.
Happy Birthday.
Gorgeous Mother's Day card - Adela!!! So soft and comforting!!!
Oh you've done it again...I have a huge smile on my face - LOL - thank you for playing both of the Challenges!!! You rock!!! Hugs ~S~
Adela what a great mother's day card! It's FABULOUS!!!! So pretty!!! Great work hun!
Hugs~ Kim
Happy Birthday Adela!
Your card is beautiful as usual. Love the combo of pink and green - my favourite! Such a pretty and delicate Mother's Day gift.
Hugs, Candy
That is so beautiful! Oh, I LOVE the colors, the style, EVERYTHING! GREAT JOB!!!
P.S. Hope you are feeling better. If you can make cards like that when you are sick, imagine when you reach your full potential!!! WOW!
Post a Comment