
HANNA STAMPS SNEAK PEEK DAY 2 ~ When I was single and living alone in an apartment building near L.A., the apartment manager was this older lady (much like the one on this card) who was nosy, mean and just plain horrible -- her husband was her intern in training.
I used to sneak into my apartment just to avoid being seen by them so I wouldn't have to worry about being confronted about what I did wrong "this time." My living room pull drapes wasn't allowing any light in for my poor plants, so one day I took two hooks off the rod on the side that wouldn't allow the light to come in. When I came home from work, I saw that they were back up. Well, the "intern" decided to "fix the problem" and told me that I should not unhook it again because it would ruin the drapes. Huh? And he thought he could just go in with his master key? That's why he was only an intern. I moved out that summer. I had confronted them and I could have made acomplaint but it would have been too much stress for me and I was moving out anyway.
The previous card I made with this Granny Hanny set from Hanna Stamps was a sweet "thinking of you" card. With this same set, I can portray my ex-apartment manager who was far from being sweet. I just have to point some things out to you that I found so hilarious. First, look at those whiskers on that chin! Eewww! Oh, and those tan pantyhose she's wearing -- look how they just gather at the ankles!
Quite typical, don't you think? Take a look at those slippers... if you want to wear them outside, at least pick something nicer! The make up, always too much rouge, of course. But what got me was when my husband pointed out that she had already poked the eye of one of the stray cats before and why would it come me back?Hmmm, I was wondering why there was an eye patch over its eye! Oh, what a character!
Stamp: Granny Hanny (sentiment: computer typed)
Paper: Neenah Classic White, Sahara Sand, Bravo Burgundy, DSP (SU!)
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Copic Markers, Silver At You Spica Pen (Copic), White Gel Pen (Ranger)
Acc: 1" Bravo Burgundy Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Rectangle Nestie, Top Notes Die and Button Die (Sizzix), Prima, Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots
I'm very excited to announce to you that I have been invited to join the design team of Caardvarks! If you love a challenge, you have to visit our site. Caardvarks challenges are posted on the 5th and 20th of each month with different sponsors each time, so you'll never be bored! It's a great way to win PRIZES, too! So be sure to stop by on the 5th to check out our new challenge. It's going to be fabulous, you'll see!
Until next time, thanks for stopping by!
Adela
Saturday, April 04, 2009
Granny Hanny with an Attitudy
at
7:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Oh this is so darn cute! I luv the card design too! Great job!
Don't ya just hate those nosy landlords who think they can go into your apartment whenever they want. Hubby & I had one of those when we first got married & left there after just 3 months.
HA!!! what a hilarious & awesome card! granny hanny is just TOOOOOOOO flippin' funny!!! on the other hand, wouldja LOOK at those kittehs...they are clearly plotting her demise...& i am rooting for them to WIN!!! :)
sorry it's taken me the whole week to get over here and officially, personally, welcome ya to the CARRDVARKS crew! your cards are AMAZING--what a great addition to our team!
ps re "fantasy": bring it on! but remember...i have already "dibbsed" d. craig! ok, ok, i guess i'll share a little bit if you're a "true believer" lol! :) :) :)
I am just loving this new set! too funny!
I am SO EXCITED for you Adela! Your work is always incredible and will be an awesome addition to the Caardvark team!
Adela, your card is so pretty. I love the old lady... Your coloring is fab! Hugs from Silke
Congrats on the new DT spot!
Love your card!!! lol! I couldn't stop laughing ;) Awesome coloring too!!!
TFS!!! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hi Adela,
What a funny card - well done indeed!!!
Congratulations on your new DT spot. You deserve it a lot!!!
ACK !!! I literally laughed out loud! This card is so fun / funny / cute / sweet / humerous / and pretty all in one! Great job! Love the story that goes with it too~ hehehehe!!!
Post a Comment