It's 3D Tuesday Challenge at Paper Craft Planet and this week's challenge is to make wall hangings. I've come up with two samples using the Top Notes Sizzix die. You know those cardboard backing that comes with the pattern paper from Stampin' Up! packages? I save all of those because they make great little die cuts. I've made lots of frames with my Nestabilities using those white cardboard inserts among other things. This time, I used it as my base for these wall hangings.
For the larger one, I actually cut two Top Notes, trimmed off part of one end of both pieces, then taped them together to form this larger piece. Then, I covered it with pattern paper. The large flower is from the SU! Pretties Kit which I stamped using a background stamp to give it color, instead of the usual sponging technique. I originally had stamped "Happy Mother's Day," but it looked too plain, so I ended up making a frame with my Nestabilities and added a picture of myself with my younger daughter.
For the smaller wall hanging, I wanted to make a more contemporary one for one of my girls. So, I chose her favorite colors, added her initial and a few embellishments, and that was it.
These are really quite easy to make and they make great gifts. So, join me and play along with this challenge. You might even be able to get a Mother's Day present made with this one! When uploading your photo to PCP, use tag/keyword 3d8.
Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!
Adela
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Wall Hangings - 3D Tuesday
at
6:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
WOW, this is just too precious! You always come up with such great creations!
These are stunning Adele!
And you used just the right letter for a piece on my wall :) (HINT!)
You asked me if I am on facebook, but unfortunately I am not. I am on the Dutch version of facebook, and that's enough for now. I cannot keep up with the digital revolution. Maybe I'll sign in in the near future and when I do I am sure I will look you up.
C@ro
These are so pretty. I love the one with your photo. Very sweet.
Adela, these are absolutely beautiful! The first one with you and your daughter is so pretty! You rock again and again and again! Love your work!
Gorgeous! I especially love the lil one with the initial on it! Very cute :)
TFS!!!
Out o' sight, Far Out and supercalifragilistically terrific as I used to say a few decades ago. Otherwise known as stunningly lovely. Time to CASE for Mothers Day and my next Big Shot Class!
Beautiful picture too! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs and blessings - Jean
PS its obvious your girls are very lucky in their MoM!
Beautiful creations!! Blessings and hugs!!
Absolutely Beautiful!!
Post a Comment