THE CARD:
I love this whimsical tree from the Branching Out set from Taylored Expressions. For this card, I stamped the trunk and branches onto Vanilla cardstock and, using a sponge, smudged Olive ink over the branches. Next, I stamped the "leaves on the tree" stamp onto vellum using VersaMark. Turning the vellum over on a piercing mat, I carefully traced over the image with a stylus. Once the images were traced, I used my Copic markers to color in the leaves. I stamped and cut individual leaves and encased them between the cardstock and vellum paper -- a type of shaker card, I guess . Then I sewed the vellum and Vanilla cardstock together, added the birds, label, ribbon and leaf charms..jpg)
THE CHALLENGE:Create a *NEW* tree-themed card and post it by Midnight on April 30th, PST. Check out the Caardvarks site for all the details and make sure you visit the other designers' fantastic inspiration cards on their blogs (their links are on the right side bar). Don't forget to link your card to the Caardvarks Challenge Site so we can see your creation!
THE PRIZE: The winner of this Tree Challenge will win Taylor's Branching Out stamp set. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Stamp: Branching Out (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Vanilla, Old Olive, Brilliant Blue, Vellum
Ink: Espresso (Adirondack), Copic Markers, Old Olive Classic Ink (SU!)
Acc: 1/4" Old Olive Twill Ribbon, Shapeabilities (Spellbinders), Leaf Charms. Sewing Machine
Monday, April 20, 2009
Trees a Crowd Challenge at Caardvarks
at
12:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
Very cute. Love the layering.Thanks for sharing
I've gotta try to win that set! love how you used it but there could be so many used for it!
What a unique way to use this set Adela! Cute!
Beautiful Adela! I love the creative way you made a pocket for the leaves to slide around in!
(-: Heidi
u used the perfect stamps for this challenge! ;)
I LOVE this card Adela...such a beautiful stamp set to begin with...love the way you placed the vellum on top! It really has a dreamy feel to it which I adore!
Thanks for stopping by my blog...take care! :)
your card came out great! I love the vellum overlay
I love the boldness of the blue combined with the softness of the vellum! Gorgeous stamping and layering Adela!
Oh wow, that blue on the birds is just perfect!
Nice, nice, nice!
I just love birdies...
Like the way you used vellum.
Post a Comment