
In honor of the Mother & Child theme over at Paper Craft Planet, I've made a card especially for "a little someone." The image I used is from the B is for Baby set from Hanna Stamps. I've used this set so many times for birthdays and for special baby cards. I think this is one of my favorite stamp sets for babies.
For the layout, I used the sketch from this week's Mojo Monday Challenge #80.

What makes this card special to me is that I went green with it! Let me explain... I was blog surfing the other day and found the Flourishes Newsletter site. I was impressed with their Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC9) for this week, which was to find something to redo or reuse so you can say you recycled! I love it!! I have soo many things around that can be used on cards and it didn't take long at all for me to gather up my "green" supplies:
The flower is pulled off from a silk flower no longer used that I have stashed away.
The "pattern papers" are cut from an Imaginisce brochure I got from CHA.
Card stocks are all scraps (except for card itself) I have stashed in my "scrap accordion folder."
I love this Go Green idea. We should all do this more often!
Stamp: B is for Baby (Hanna Stamps)
Paper: Neenah Classic White, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Imaginisence Magazine
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Pink Pirouette Classic Ink (SU!), Copic Markers
Acc: Pink Taffeta Ribbon (SU!), Punches: 1-1/4" Circle, 1-3/8" Circle, Circle Scallop (SU!), Rectangle Nestability Die, Sponge, Silk Flower, Mini Glue Dot, Dimensionals
Have any of you tried guessing who those babies are yet? The contest is still going on and the $100 Amazon Gift Certificate and stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps are still up for grabs, so check out yesterday's post and guess away! You never know. I'm sure you know which one I am -- I'm the only Pacific Islander on the team who was born with straight dark hair. That should give it away, and if it doesn't, maybe tomorrow I'll give another hint.
One more thing before I go that I want to share with you... yesterday I spoke with one of my best friends from San Francisco. We were BFFs from grade school all the way through high school and part of college until I moved to Southern California. Her young husband, who was the love of her life since way, way back when we were in junior high, or maybe even before that, had suffered a heart attack and passed away. Today is his funeral and my heart just goes out to her. He leaves behind not only his wife, but a beautiful three year old daughter.
So far this year has brought many sadness and painful heartaches to myself and people I love. Sometimes I look outside my dining room window and wonder if I'm making every day count. Often times, I'm not and with this last incident with my friend, I'm reminded once again how short life can be and I want to make the best of each day (especially for my girls).
Have any of you tried guessing who those babies are yet? The contest is still going on and the $100 Amazon Gift Certificate and stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps are still up for grabs, so check out yesterday's post and guess away! You never know. I'm sure you know which one I am -- I'm the only Pacific Islander on the team who was born with straight dark hair. That should give it away, and if it doesn't, maybe tomorrow I'll give another hint.
One more thing before I go that I want to share with you... yesterday I spoke with one of my best friends from San Francisco. We were BFFs from grade school all the way through high school and part of college until I moved to Southern California. Her young husband, who was the love of her life since way, way back when we were in junior high, or maybe even before that, had suffered a heart attack and passed away. Today is his funeral and my heart just goes out to her. He leaves behind not only his wife, but a beautiful three year old daughter.
So far this year has brought many sadness and painful heartaches to myself and people I love. Sometimes I look outside my dining room window and wonder if I'm making every day count. Often times, I'm not and with this last incident with my friend, I'm reminded once again how short life can be and I want to make the best of each day (especially for my girls).





7 comments:
Beautiful card....quite stunning!
This is really pretty. What a great baby card and loved how you used scraps and recycled items too!
very, very nice card. Love it:)
Such an adorable card!! Great job.
I LOVE this card Adela!!! LOVE every little itty bitty cutie patootie detail!! Beautiful!!! And as for the contest - I think that I am #1 and you are #8 :) LOL!!!! sending you hugs!!!
Love
Sankari :)
Hi Adela,
Sorry to be a day late in my comments - Yes your card is very adorable and I just love it.
More importantly I think is the thoughts I have for your best friend and her husband who has passed away ~ so young and left her a such a young baby behind.
You really have had a lot of challenges this year. Ones like this one - tear our hearts terribley. I hope that you were able to have a good visit with your friend and that the two of you can get together soon. She will certainly need a lot of shoulders.
It is times like this I think Our Lord is telling us just what you are thinking - to make the most of each day WITH OUR FAMILIES. They are what matter in this life on earth.
I will be praying for your friend and her child and for your as you think about what this means......
Much Love ~
SO PRECIOUS! Take Care!
Post a Comment