I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Monday, April 13, 2009

Hello, Friend

I love this ginormous flower from PaperTrey Ink's Friends 'Til the End set. I'm not a big "big" flower fan, but this one was an exception. To make it stand out, I stamped both the large and small flower images onto a piece of black card stock with VersaMark, poured white embossing powder over it then heat embossed it. I wanted to add a touch of color to the edges of the petals (which you can't really see in the pictures, but it looks really good in person), so I took my deep pink metallic pencil and rubbed it on the outer edges of the petals. I smudged that around with a blender pen.

I attached the smaller flower over the larger one with dimensionals and placed a pearl in the center. I wanted the flower to really stand out, so instead of using the pattern paper that I had intended to use initially, I decided to just use the same color as the card base behind the flower but just dry emboss it with the Cuddlebug. I inked the edges slightly with regal rose ink. Add the bow, stamp the sentiment and that's it.

8 comments:

danu said...

So beatiful.
You're very creative.
I hope that I can make it myself.

www.Says-It-With-Flowers.blogspot.com

Tracey said...

Such a pretty card Adela! Love it!

Candy said...

Adela this is absolutely STUNNING!!!
You have such great ideas....

Rita said...

Gorgeous card, I luv that flower!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I LOVE this flower!!! I am still so glad it called your name :) This card is so elegant and so pretty!

Debbie Corbari said...

What a beautiful card girlfriend!!! I love the colors you used!

Debbie Corbari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyoko said...

I absolutely LOVE this card! TFS!