I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Wedding Card for Marie

I'm so excited about going home to San Francisco this Friday. My beautiful niece, Marie, is getting married Friday evening and on Saturday afternoon, two of my nephews (both brothers) will be celebrating their birthdays together with a party. The last time I went home in January of this year, it was for their older brother's funeral, so this time it's so nice that we're going for happier occasions.

I'm really looking forward to Marie's wedding and seeing the family again. She's my oldest brother's daughter and she is an excellent Polynesian dancer. Anyway, I'm just so happy for her and Mike!

When I started making her wedding card, I had no idea what to design. Luckily, I had just received my new Ever After set from SU! (complements of participating in the Sale-a-Bration event!). I took the heart image and embossed it on shimmery paper with white ink and clear embossing powder -- didn't like that. Then I embossed it on Blush Blossom -- still didn't like it.  I embossed it with white EP, didn't like that either. Finally, I just stamped the heart image onto Vanilla card stock with Blush Blossom ink and laid a piece of Mulberry Paper over it cut to the same size. I inked the edges and distressed it a little. After the image was done, it was easy to add the embellishments: Prima Flowers, Vintage Embellishments by Melissa Frances and Half Pearls from SU!'s Pretties Kit. 

This card is also for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC16), which is to make a square card. Go check out their samples -- their designers have some beautiful ones over there!

Well, I've gotta run. I'm off to attend my daughter's Academic Achievement Awards Ceremonies for her High School. I'm so proud of her! Thanks for stopping by -- it means a lot to me.

7 comments:

Brandi said...

It's a beautiful card! Enjoy your visit with your family.

Smiles,

Brandi

Caro's Kaartjes said...

You card is very elegant!
I hope you'll have a ver special and wonderful day in SF on the wedding of your niece. ENJOY!

Kim said...

Adela what a beautiful wedding card hun!!!! It's amazing! Have a great trip home...and I am so glad that it is for happier occasions! :) Congrats to your daughter for her school achivements that's AWESOME!
Hugs~ Kim

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous wedding card - Adela!!! Your niece is gonnal love it!!! I'm so thrilled that you had time to play and created this beauty!!!

Have a wonderful time at the wedding and travel save!!! Hugs ~S~

cjknick said...

This is really, really pretty. Great layout and great colors.

Cindy in Boise

Krista said...

Hi Adela, how are you ? Love this card you´ve made ! Have a great day !

Mary said...

It's really a beautiful Wedding card. That flower is gorgeously made!