I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Bodybuilders and a Bride

When I was in my late teens/early 20's, I used to visit several different beaches here in Southern California and one of them was Venice Beach, also known as Muscle Beach. I guess it got its name from the outdoor "gym" right on the beach where bodybuilders showed off their muscles by lifting weights in public. I remember walking by those men lifting weights acting like no one was watching them.

One of Hanna Stamps' new sets to be released tonight, To the Beach, immediately reminded me of those bodybuilders on Muscle Beach. I wish I knew where those pictures were that I took the first time I visited that beach. I would have loved to share them with you!

Be sure to join us this evening at 9:00 Eastern, 6:00 Pacific, at the Hanna Forum for the Hanna Stamps Release Party. Who knows, you might even win one the new sets like this one!

This month, Hanna Stamps is re-releasing Bridal Hanna as their "Retro" Set. This is such a beautiful set. The bride is gorgeous, the flower girl is adorable, the bride's maid is pretty, not to mention all the accessories that come with this set. One of the challenges tonight at the Hanna Release Party is to create a card that's "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue." Let's see... Something old would be the Crystal Effects I used on the champagne glasses. Something new would be my Copic Markers. Something borrowed... I don't think I have that. Something blue is very obvious: the ribbon and paper.

Well, thank you for your visit and I hope you have a fantastic week!

3 comments:

Tracey said...

These are both fantastic cards Adela!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Both cards are gorgeous Adela, I love your colouring and the Bridal Hanna looks beautiful, love the dimension you've given to her flowers, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Kim said...

Hi Adela! How are you doing hun? Sorry I have been MIA....this week is the last week of classes and next week is finals! Then I will get to be in craft world full-time! :) What a fun card your beach card is!!! And the wedding one is stunning! Great work!
Hugs~ Kim