I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Hanna Sneak Peek Day 2 - Old Hawaii


The look of this card reminds me of "Old Hawaii" -- I think it's the off white and brown color that makes me think of it. This card may look "tame," but if you saw the whole set, you won't believe how different and hilarious the images are! It's another fun Hanna Stamps set.

For some reason, I thought that yesterday's Hanna Stamps Challenge was to make a "sand" card -- in other words, make a card with real sand, or use a cardstock which has been sanded. Since this was a beach scene, I wanted to use sand, but when I started to look for my bottles of craft sand, I couldn't find them. I had the "clever" idea of taking Kraft cardstock and my mini cheese grater and grate the cardstock to make "sand." Instead of it turning out to resemble sand, it resembled "Flower Soft" instead. But I used it anyway.

Stamp: To the Beach (Hanna Stamps)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Kraft, Chocolate Chip DSP
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Copic Markers
Acc: 1/2" and 1-1/4" Circle Punches, Natural Hemp Cord, Cheese Grater

Thanks for stopping by... more to follow.  Have a wonderful Saturday!

9 comments:

Gabriela said...

Adela - this is sensational. I adore the old monochromatic look. Your card is amazing.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Your card is amazing! I love this old look and feel!
Happy Scrappy Day :*)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fabulous card Adela and I love the style, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Vicki G said...

That is just WAY too funky Adela!!! Aweomse!

Vicki G said...

That is just WAY too funky Adela!!! Aweomse!

Denise said...

Great job on this card!

wendyp said...

I read the supplies first and did a double take when I read cheese grater, LOL!!! Adela, this rocks! Very creative!

Caro's Kaartjes said...

Really like the atmosphere of this card. It makes me wanna go to the beach! Unfortunately the weather is not allowing me to.
And the Enjoy your day on a string is very clever.
Lovely!

Silli said...

Adela, this is so beautiful... sweet card!