I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Sunday, May 17, 2009

I Love LA ~ If Only It Would Stop Shaking!

We just had another earthquake tonight, but I love living here in Southern California anyway.  The sun, the coast with all the beaches, the mountains with snow, the desert -- we have so much here that I love. Oh, by the way, when we were "shaking" during the quake, our cat was sitting under our living room table looking really worried and didn't leave until it stopped shaking. Yes, even our pets know what to do! Our dog, on the other hand, stays very close to me and would follow me everywhere for the following hours afterwards. Love those two!

Here's Mr. Sun again from the Molly Stamps set Out of this World from my previous post. I guess I'm still in that summery mood and he just makes me happy! The colors I used is from the SCS Color Challenge (CC218) -- Only Orange, Summer Sun and Old Olive or Kiwi Kiss.  The layout is from the SCS Sketch Challenge (SC228). I added a piece of Cuttlebugged Vellum and a pom-pom in the center of the flower for a bit of texture.

Thanks for dropping by, I always appreciate your visits and comments! Have a wonderful week!

9 comments:

Angie said...

ANother earthquake? WOW! When they stop you won't know how to be calm, expecting them every night. LOL! I love this sun image, it's so happy! Great project with it again today.

Candy said...

Hi Adela,

So happy to hear you were all safe in the quake. The animals sure know when they are coming don't they? Our dogs always can tell when one is about to hit!

Cut 'sunny' card!

Hugs, Candy

Katie Cotton said...

i miss LA. Yes, even the earthquakes.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh the thought of earthquakes scares me!!! :/
This card makes me so warm and happy ((even in the 50 degree weather we are having today!)) I love it .. and you stay safe!

wendyp said...

Adela, this is fantastic!!! I love that mix of yellow and oranges with the bit of green! I can't imagine how scary the earthquakes must be. Glad to hear everyone is fine!

Kim said...

Gorgeous card Adela! :) Please stay safe with the earthquakes! Eekkk I would be so scared! Sending prayers yours way that the ground stops shaking!
Hugs~ Kim

Tracey said...

Earthquakes?!?! I couldn't imagine. Too scary!

Your card is wonderful! It made me smile because my daughter talks about Mr Sun all the time! Each night she talks about what she will do the next day when Mr Sun comes up. :)

Vicki G said...

That is adorable! Yes, I hope you stop shaking and nice to visit your blog after my little hopping hiatus!


Hugs,

Vicki

raindropecho said...

I live in Los Angeles (only 10 miles from the epicenter) and wow, that earthquake felt bigger than 4.7! As I'm writing this, we just had another shake (it's Tuesday at around 4pm). Glad you're okay!