This 5x5 card was originally made for a Hanna Stamps challenge at SCS. It was to make a card with flourishes or doodles. Then, another challenge came up over at the Hanna Forum on SCS using the Hanna Bridal set, but with a non-wedding theme. One card, two challenges -- why not? Since I could always use birthday cards, I decided to take the wedding cake from the Bridal Hanna set and turn it into a yummylicious, triple layered, chocolate glazed birthday cake!
Using the bristle brush, I masked the cake to give a pink shadow around it. Then, I mixed Crystal Effects with cocoa re-inkers with a toothpick and spread the mixture over the cake like "frosting." To hide the wedding cake topper, I covered it with a faux "prima" by punching out and layering two flower punches from the Three for You Punch and adding a bling to the center. After stamping the flourishes on the corners of the Whisper White card stock, I used the Swiss Dot folder to emboss the paper with, but I accidentally ran it through the Cuttlebug up-side-down. The raised dots were on the back side rather than on the front side of the card. But I didn't want to re-do the whole thing over, so I kept it that way, which didn't look too bad after all. Next, to frame the cake, I used the square Nestability die. The layering is a little harder to describe, but if you look closely at the photo, I think you can see how I did it.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Stitched Exotics (SU!), Bridal Hanna and What Hanna Would Say (Hanna Stamps)
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Espresso (Adirondack)
Paper: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Berry Bliss DSP
Acc: Lg. and Reg. Oval Punches, Three for You Punch, Choc Chip Satin Ribbon, Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Bristle Brush, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Nestibility Die (Spellbinders), Swiss Dot Cuttlebug Folder (Provo Craft)
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Yummylicious Flourish Birthday
at
8:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
I am dying for some nestabilities!!! ;)!!! This card is so lovely! I really like the way the swiss dots looks 'backwards'. It gives it a nice effect! Beautiful as always Adela!
Cool, love your swirls.
so pretty, love brown and pink together. great job on the challenge
Goodness! This is definitely Yummylicious! Fav colors of mine too! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!
~Bev
Wow, what a beauty!
Because you inspire me I nominated you for an award on my blog!
I just love your work and I think you are very creative!
Caro
Gorgeous, Adela! Way to use a wedding set for a birthday! Grea job!
I was a fan first! you are so sweet!!! I appreciate you so much!!! you make my day!:)
Post a Comment